• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

icon33.gif
Dispatcher WDFF Information LAYOUT...
Ok folks seems there might be interest after all in a new WDFF info, a I am starting to get PM's from people here
...I am not sure how I will put this up on the internet, mAYBE I might just start an Yahoo Club and post an Excell File for the members to see...I am a novice at web site development...any suggestions or instruction would be gladly accepted.

Here is what I would like to post:

A) Company Name, Address, main number, web link
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

B) Dispatch Manager, name, email, phone number, SOC Location
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

C) Hiring POC name, email, Phone number
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

D) Union Representation yes/no , web link, Contract Date
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

E) Hubs, operation type ( DOM, FLAG, SUP) # Acft and type in Fleet
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

F) CASS Yes/No
Jumpseat Information....# of cockpit seats, How many can ride in the back.

Jump seat coordinator and Phone number.

Listing number if required and advanced notice reqmt. Dress code, other items to Jump seat.

G) Total dispatchers, number per shift.
Hiring plans if known.
Length Of training.
Flight Planning software used.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

H) Salary:

Starting, 1st yr, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, top out

Supervisor/Lead pay

COST OF LIVING IN YOUR AREA VERSES YOUR PAY ( YOUR OPINION)

IS COMMUTING ACCEPTABLE COMPANY POLICY, HOW HARD IS IT TO COMMUTE IF SOMEONE WANTED TO?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I) Benefits:

When do they start?

J) Interview gouge: (as much info as you know)

K) Any special remarks you feel should be known about your company, if any.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

L) If everyone would keep to this format then it will be much easier for me to keep the information consistant and as accurate as I can.

thanks....

By the way, I used some of the old format, however I did ADD information that I had to learn by interviewing or alot of questions to find out. If you folks out there are willing to provide this, it will save alot of questioins down the road from new hires.

If you can think of anything else that would be usful please feel free to make a suggestion...

Ok folks,

I have received a grand total of 3 airline information emails. So it seems the WDFF information is dead...I will give this until April 1 to see if more write me...if no more come in I will abandon the mission...

Spread the word to get their dispatch information emailed to me...not a PM please.....

Well it seems no one is interested in sending anymore information, still only have 3 airlines. It appears that the old information is available somewhere on the internet haystack. I have absolutly no record of any emails from dispatchguy or any other known aviation person, so dispatch guy must have sent the WDFF files to someone else, they did not come to me.

Since I am no longer in professional aviation, I am at this time abandoning this project due to lack of industry interest...

Good luck and God Speed, keep them safe.

Life After Aviation

Well,

I moved into the Marine industry over here on the Cental East Coast of Florida...Got my Captains License, bought a boat...and some other related stuff..rest when I want too, work when I need to..pretty sweet.

Dont get me wrong, I love aviation, dispatching...but as I have said before, dispatchers are so grossly underpaid, its just to tough to start over and commute...
Its ashame that many other jobs in aviation pay better than, some schedulers make more than dispatchers...I was a crew coordinator with Airtran and earned 5K more than dispatchers....Seemed just stupid to me...Of course I am sure Homer will fill our ear with his opinion of me and my interviews and job hunts etc..its ok...I have meet alot of great people, been to over 30 interviews in the last 3 years...about 1/3 made offers, I turned down any opportunity on most of the others either at or after the interview due to pay or QOL issues and the very tough world of commuting since 9-11....lets face it, I must have had something that interested these companies to have been on this many interviews...(thats for Homer)
I was always professional but I made no bones about why I was not interested in working for xyz airline..I would frequiently(sp?) tell the HR or manager that I just could and would not perform my craft, and take on the responsibility of flight dispatch for that starting pay or the planned pay scale...I thought is was way to low...Now homer will come back and tell you he earned almost $50K last year with OT...thats good for homer...but it is not the norm, Unless you have 5 or more years senority and I want a life away from aviation as well.
....Anyway...I did this for all of you folks and the future of dispatch...I knew it would not do me any good at all, but I felt I should at least make my point on the way out...and let them know that they cant rent everyone that walks in the door just because thats the ways it is...and it was done nicely..

Its a young persons game now...I wish all you wild success, a industry recovery and hugh pay raises in the future...

I don't see me even looking back, short of moving to someplace away from the ocean...and if I did, I doubt I would get many offers...I am getting to old for this crap....good luck and keep them safe...

Charlie Hotel....tango alpha

rvsm410 said:
Well,

I moved into the Marine industry over here on the Cental East Coast of Florida...Got my Captains License, bought a boat...and some other related stuff..rest when I want too, work when I need to..pretty sweet.

Dont get me wrong, I love aviation, dispatching...but as I have said before, dispatchers are so grossly underpaid, its just to tough to start over and commute...
Its ashame that many other jobs in aviation pay better than, some schedulers make more than dispatchers...I was a crew coordinator with Airtran and earned 5K more than dispatchers....Seemed just stupid to me...Of course I am sure Homer will fill our ear with his opinion of me and my interviews and job hunts etc..its ok...I have meet alot of great people, been to over 30 interviews in the last 3 years...about 1/3 made offers, I turned down any opportunity on most of the others either at or after the interview due to pay or QOL issues and the very tough world of commuting since 9-11....lets face it, I must have had something that interested these companies to have been on this many interviews...(thats for Homer)
I was always professional but I made no bones about why I was not interested in working for xyz airline..I would frequiently(sp?) tell the HR or manager that I just could and would not perform my craft, and take on the responsibility of flight dispatch for that starting pay or the planned pay scale...I thought is was way to low...Now homer will come back and tell you he earned almost $50K last year with OT...thats good for homer...but it is not the norm, Unless you have 5 or more years senority and I want a life away from aviation as well.
....Anyway...I did this for all of you folks and the future of dispatch...I knew it would not do me any good at all, but I felt I should at least make my point on the way out...and let them know that they cant rent everyone that walks in the door just because thats the ways it is...and it was done nicely..

Its a young persons game now...I wish all you wild success, a industry recovery and hugh pay raises in the future...

I don't see me even looking back, short of moving to someplace away from the ocean...and if I did, I doubt I would get many offers...I am getting to old for this crap....good luck and keep them safe...

Charlie Hotel....tango alpha

Dont tease me like this...I know you will be back!

PS....How many interviews again? And how many offers, yet you never took a job? Something just dont smell right.......

Well good luck in your next endevor...

you had to post this in two different threads? You really must be off the meds....Better hurry to Walgreens......

PS... 20 years in the shuttle program? Im impressed...what did you do there, clean toilets., mow the lawn, or something more important,

like head lunch cook?

See ya

Last edited:
Homer, your just plain MEAN...as you know from earlier posting, I am friends with RVSM410...we write each other every couple of weeks..last week we were talking when you came up again, I asked him to forwarded your PM's you had sent him..You are just an unbelievable A-HOLE, you even contributed to keeping him from being heard by your manager..who the Hell do you think you are?

You have no Idea what kind a person he is, and you have the gall to make fun of his excellent background on this open forum....he was man enough to address this community with his vast experience and his dispatching trials and tribulations, along with his name for the world to see. He should be proud of his accomplishments, and you sit there hiding behind your screen name like a little "B".....doing everything in your little world to cause him grief and embarrassment. You Punk what is your background? cashier for Burger King! Where is your name if your so correct about RVSM410? Be an adult and proud of your facts.

I have been dispatching here at Continental for a long time and a very good friend of mine, a UAL dispatcher, together have been involved with RVSM410 since his career change 6 years ago to become a dispatcher.

His resume is so superior we all wondered why and asked him why he was not looking for an management/executive position, he didn't want that life anymore, he just plain loved dispatching and flying in its purest form thats what he wanted to do...As a former Pilot, he was so accomplished in aviation, when he went to dispatch school, he filled in for the instructor several times in his absence ...further, Once his resume was sent out to the Dx managers, he was offered no less than 5 interviews before he even completed the ADX course. Even (now FAA retired) Bob Brudzinski at the Southern Regional office in Atlanta tested him and then tried to get him to apply for an FAA job there...

Boy I could on and on about this guy but he would not want me evne posting this nut I just can't help meself in this one. Everything he said here on this board was the absolute truth..in the last few years the number of interview trips were just amazing to us..(He listed them here, before deleting them due to your inflamatory BS) Anyway, he ran headlong into the long standing airline established attitude of low dispatcher pay, even though they all flew him up positive space in first class for interviews, of course they would not budge on the Dx pay issue but several did offer him other much better paying management job, which he declined..he wanted to dispatch.

My Point to you, nitwit, is that he was so liked at interviews that many of the companies were quite upset when he turned their offers down, most wanted to understand why and he would nicely explain that the responsibilities and workload placed on dispatchers and the direct effect they have on the companies bottom line is worth much more than there standard starting pay rates...he did this not for him, but for dispatching in general including A-holes like you...

There is little doubt that he will be remembered along time by many airline HR departments, as the guy they et get away, for his candor and very reasonable explanations. Single handedly he was doing nothing more than attempting to break the mold and make these people remember the importance of the dispatcher the lousy pay offered at the regionals and to tell them not everyone is willing to do anything to work for an airline...we all see this too much already. This syndrome continues to erode everyone’s pay in this very depressed industry...I paid my dues through the regional ranks...I wish I had half his guts...he sacrificed doing what he loved by standing on the very principals we all would like to see our companies acknowledge and respect...

In closing Homer...I know your manager there at Skywest, know Little Dara...and for your information...based on your PM's to RVSM410...he was in the hospital and very ill when Dara called him 4 years ago for that Skywest interview....later he even sent her copies of the hospital bills showing the dates of admission and she refused them, almost accused him of fabricating the bills, Nice, especially with your help.

But you my friend are another story...as I said at the start, you are just plain mean, not even funny..you have gone way over the line. At this point in your career, you better plan on staying there in St George until you retire..I think you might find it hard to find getting on with a major airline...

Eventually you will be exposed,if not here, the managers will know you before you even apply, what goes around comes around.

you are an embarassment to our profession and to yourself Live with that!

Moderator reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back