• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Way to go Neil Cavuto!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well to be "Fair and Balanced," how much does the US give to the Palestinians every year by your metrics? Seems, since Hamas is in power there, the US and others are w/holding aide, and they're hurting for cash.

How much do the Iranians give in "aid" to Hamas and the Palestinians?

Ty Webb said:
cathaywannabe said:
That's not what you said, is it? You said "goes without saying most of our foreign aid goes to Jews in Israel".

Personally, I can't wait for the Israelis to use some of that Aid this year.

Specifically, the "Bunker Buster" bombs . . . . when they drop those on the Iranian nuclear sites . . . that will be money well spent.

Say what you want about Israel, but can you imagine what the world would look like if the Arabs were the ones with 200 nuclear weapons instead of Israel? The Israelis are paragons of virtue by comparison, my Al-Jazeera watching friend.

Will it be money well spent? Even conservative energy think tanks have estimated that any attack on Iran would raise gas prices 2-3x their current levels.

How much do you like your job at AirTran? You might want to be careful what you wish for my unemployed friend.

There will be short term pain at the pumps, sure, but a small price to pay, compared to a nuclear-armed Iran.

I hedge my bets with oil ETF's, so don't worry about me, but I suspect you'll be watching Al Jazeera on a battery-powered TV.

Ty Webb said:
cathaywannabe said:
That's not what you said, is it? You said "goes without saying most of our foreign aid goes to Jews in Israel".

Personally, I can't wait for the Israelis to use some of that Aid this year.

Specifically, the "Bunker Buster" bombs . . . . when they drop those on the Iranian nuclear sites . . . that will be money well spent.

Say what you want about Israel, but can you imagine what the world would look like if the Arabs were the ones with 200 nuclear weapons instead of Israel? The Israelis are paragons of virtue by comparison, my Al-Jazeera watching friend.

Sounds like more armchair warrior rhetoric to me. Which by the way, most veterans have a true disdain for.

I wasn't talking about the US military, number one, and, number two, what makes you so sure I didn't serve in the Israeli military?:cool:

Last edited:
cathaywannabe said:
Ty Webb said:
Will it be money well spent? Even conservative energy think tanks have estimated that any attack on Iran would raise gas prices 2-3x their current levels.

How much do you like your job at AirTran? You might want to be careful what you wish for my unemployed friend.

Typical liberal thinking. More worried about how much gas costs than they are about the security of the country. I don't want to see gas proces any higher either, but if Iran gets Nukes gas proces will be the LEAST of our problems.

... if Iran gets Nukes gas proces will be the LEAST of our problems.

And if we hadn't been squandering the treasury and our military resources for the last several years in Iraq, we'd be in a better position to actually do something about Iran -- and North Korea, too.

atrdriver said:
Typical liberal thinking. More worried about how much gas costs than they are about the security of the country. I don't want to see gas proces any higher either, but if Iran gets Nukes gas proces will be the LEAST of our problems.
Brain surgeon, go back and look at your last post, that cathy wannabe either doesn't know how to use the quote tags or is trying to goof everybody up.

atrdriver said:

I don't think so. Fundamentalist Islam must be dealt with harshly wherever it is found. However, a significant military attack on another oil producing nation will probably push oil futures so high that first world economies could potentially collapse. Remaining oil would potentially become so expensive and rare that we as a nation could not afford the energy we need to continue our economy.

The problem is the U.S. and other western nations are caught between a rock and a hard place. So much money and resources have been spent in Iraq that I don't believe we can effectively fight and win a war with another Islamic nation. Iraq was relatively "weak" and we are having a hard enough time making progress there.

The Bush Administration understands this and that is why I believe they are attempting the democratic route (a large foreign based coalition) and diplomatic one too.

As far as Israel is concerned, just because we can "pull the plug" on Israel doesn't mean we would then be supporting militant Islam. Israel has served as a focal-point for Osama bin Laden and other terrorists. Although Israel is "a democracy" it actively discriminates against certain citizens and oppresses others. I believe Israel has had 30+ UN Security Council resolutions critical of it in recent time, all which have been vetoed.

Israel was a great ally during The Cold War. However, in my opinion their religious based nation-state is more of a liability in today's day and age.

Initially, President Bush's "Roadmap to the Middle East" supported Palestinian statehood by 2005. He felt as we invaded Iraq we needed to show the world we were hell bent on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. Bush's initative failed not just because of continuing violence, but also because of enormous pressure from the Israeli lobby. Bush felt that his roadmap would put pressure on terrorists. I feel the same way, but once again Israel got its way, for better or worse.

Islamic fundamentalists need to be "bombed into modernity" if they are not willing to accept western life, however the way to victory is not through Israel. It is in fact, time to "pull the plug"...let Israel fight its own battles. We, here at home, have our own economic and military problems to deal with, we don't need to also be fightning the battles of another fudamentalist, rogue nation.

Last edited:
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion . . . . no matter how hackneyed. You obviously haven't been to Israel, unless it was on a Palestinian sympathy tour. Most Israelis are not religious, only about 10% of the population. And as far as "propping up" the Israelis, try "restraining" them. They don't need any propping up.

And discrimination- give me a break! Why don't you go see how minorities are treated in the rest of the Middle East? Let's keep the comparison relative, shall we? Arabs living in Israel are Israeli Arabs. They live their lives like anyone else. I have eaten in their houses and played with their children, so don't give me that crap. Go back to watching CNN.

BTW- the "war" in Iraq was over in about 4 days. It's trying to keep the peace between the Arabs there that is the problem. The US isn't planning on keeping the peace in Iran, only putting an end to "Ahma Nutjob" and his nuclear aspirations.

This post was about Neil Cavuto having sympathy for Delta pilots. It seems to have been "hijacked" by Arab sympathizers . . . . how ironic.

Latest resources

Back