• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Way to go Avantair Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aw common, a chip big enough to sink a battleship would be way too big to fit on a shoulder. Have you ever seen a battleship? They're massive. It would take at least an ego half the size of yours to sink it.

Last edited:
Aw common, a chip big enough to sink a battleship would be way too big to fit on a shoulder. Have you ever seen a battleship? They're massive. It would take at least an ego half the size of yours to sink it.

Or a quarter the size of mine.

I'm feeling particularly awesome today...

It's all that deer water you're drinking, Fisch. :laugh:

That does vastly improve awesomeness. Too bad I had to go on tour when we met last week. You would have been converted too. :beer:

It would take at least an ego half the size of yours to sink it.

You seem a bit confused, so allow me a bit of latitude to set matters straight.

First, you'd be hard-pressed indeed to find evidence here that I'm blowing my own horn. Your ego jabs are as baffling as they are completely inappropriate.

Second, the matters I were addressing were of a disturbing trend in general in response to comments made with equal generality, having precious f*cking little to do with whatever the situation is at Avantair. I'm not informed as to the situation on the ground there, so to speak, and cannot opine with any assemblance of authority, and...get this: I haven't.

In conclusion, relax...I've not gone anywhere near your sacred cow.

You seem a bit confused, so allow me a bit of latitude to set matters straight.

In conclusion, relax...I've not gone anywhere near your sacred cow.

I'm not confused and I'm relaxed.

Anyone that doesn't belive pilots don't benefit from a Union are either:

1) Idiots

2) were able to land one of those 1% jobs on something like a G-V with a great company....

3) too young or inexperienced to know any better.....

Being former NJA and now being at a 135 on-demand non-union, work 25+ days a month on call etc...It amazes me how many of the lower time or purely night cargo guys think that this place is the end all be all.... can't get any better than this, mindsets.....

Avantair needs a Union unless they want to have changes to their job at managments discretion...

Because of the nature of a pilots schedule (especially 135/91) we need unions because our lives are so dependant on others schedules.... Not to mention that most "owners" etc have no idea how much work goes into flying...All they see is auto pilot on, wheres the coffee.... And have no clue about the rest..... thus the mentality that we're not worth the pay...

You sir are correct! The reason I took a job at a regional 10 years ago when offered was because of the high pay, long term stability and awesome schedule. I'll be sure to thank ALPA for that. </sarcasm>

I'm not confused

If you like. Vaulting stupidity is also a fitting appellation for the dejected idiocy you threw my way. I'd have rather posited simple confusion for this particular gem:

It would take at least an ego half the size of yours to sink it.

I'm nothing if not flexible.

and I'm relaxed.

Doubtful. A fool relaxed is a fool quiescent, and you certainly entered the discussion active enough, you see.

Now, when you're done tossing pedestrian commentary on someone's clever use of metaphor and calculated hyperbole, and when you're finished randomly challenging the "egos" (what a tired refuge for the intellectually challenged in this profession...) of persons whom you disagree, perhaps we could have a frank discussion of the matter?

You know, as professional adults--mercifully free of infantile bullsh*t?

Again, bear in mind that I've said nothing of your sacred cow, only candid commentary on statements made by BentOver.

You seem pretty worked up, I think you should relax.

Also, what's with the over the top grammar? Do you talk that way? No wonder you couldn't get a job. You're wound up tight and speak like you try too hard to sound smart.

Sorry if my little post rubbed you wrong. It was just funny. And it did exactly what I wanted it to do, it changed the direction of this thread. Guess I'm the smart one, eh Harvard?

Latest resources

Back