• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Way to go Avantair Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aft, good replies! It's great you folks have a nice relationship with your management.

Two things to think about though.

First, while you have a great relationship with your management team, ask yourself this: what happens if there's a change in management and the new team isn't nearly as friendly or trustworthy? Never say never. Who ever though RTS would be out at NJA? And while things certainly got, uh, "interesting" with our relationship at times, there was always a certain level of respect between us, and towards the end, we were working together very well. And overnight we had an all new management team take over which, well, let's just say they make us very glad we have a binding contract!

And the second thing to think about is the "binding" contract itself. Having a contract isn't all that restrictive if you have a good relationship with your management team. When things were really going downhill at NJA, our union worked closely with management to develop and implement the VM's. These we designed to save the company a buttload of money, provide more flexibility, and protect pilot jobs and compensation. All this while still operating within the confines of our contract. And it was working! Alas, the new management team had different ideas about how those same cost savings could be accomplished. But the point being, with a little out-of-the-box thinking and a good working relationship with management, a contract isn't nearly as restrictive as you would normally think.

For some reason pilots think they should take the brunt of a company's misfortunes by accepting pay cuts and altered work rules. I'd personally rather see management turn things around through an altered business model, improving sales, and a good working relationship with the employees than simply making less money while working more.

Again, not pushing the union. Really. Just pointing out a few more things to think about. Ultimately, you folks will decide for yourselves what's best.
Safe journeys!

Thanks! And thanks for discussing this like an intelligent manner, free from insults. Much appreciated.

Is there really that big of a difference between the Avanti I / II that you have to list both types in your profile? GMAFB....

:rolleyes:

Is there really that big of a difference between the Avanti I / II that you have to list both types in your profile? GMAFB....

:rolleyes:

I have a job that I love and an awesome airplane that I get to fly every week. I'm expressing my pride in the Avanti by listing the two models in our stable.

You know what i can't wait for? Piaggio to roll out the Avanti III this fall. Then I can list all three models, knowing that at least one person will REALLY enjoy it ;)

I have a job that I love and an awesome airplane that I get to fly every week. I'm expressing my pride in the Avanti by listing the two models in our stable.

You know what i can't wait for? Piaggio to roll out the Avanti III this fall. Then I can list all three models, knowing that at least one person will REALLY enjoy it ;)

Is that the one with the new props?

Is that the one with the new props?

The rumors are all over the place, but what we know for sure is that it'll have the "B" engines with the scimitar props that Hartzell and Piaggio have been developing. Pro Line Fusion avionics is another good bet. Beyond that, who knows...

The rumors are all over the place, but what we know for sure is that it'll have the "B" engines with the scimitar props that Hartzell and Piaggio have been developing. Pro Line Fusion avionics is another good bet. Beyond that, who knows...

Hmmm.. I wonder if I can un-retire. Nah. Too much risk if ending at Club Fed if I get in a hassle with the TSA trolls.

I'll just stick to my C172 and C182 in the CAP.

Glass and Aft, are you guys by any chance management? No beef with Avantair, but just wondering because from an outside eye you guys sound like being on propaganda payroll.
P180 is an interesting plane but at the end of the day is just a fragile turboprop.

There's propaganda pay? That would be sweet!

Seriously, what are you talking about? My last two posts were:

1. A lengthy explanation why safety isn't top priority, and

2. Calling a guy out who's 2nd post on this forum started with, "you're a Fu&$ing idiot".

Not management, but don't like to air dirty laundry as a rule. Not taking a crap where you eat isn't exactly bad advice for any of us.

Nope, not management. Flew from SFO to LAL today, short night, back to work in the morning. I'm not thrilled with the min rest night, but we're busier than **** and, after all, this is my job. Hardest part of tonight will be the time zone adjustment.

Called the CPO tonight and got an extra hour of rest to get adjusted back to eastern time. I feel like a wussy, but, after all I can tell that I'm tired. My Co-Captain was, too.

Off to bed. Again, not management, just someone who loves his gig.

Latest resources

Back