Watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dogman broke the code!:D

As for the Breitlings, the only time I look at something with that many dials and needles on it, I'd better be getting paid to do it...

Rolex Submariner in black and stainless. Since I wear shorts and t-shirts on layovers, it gets me into some bars I would normally get thrown out of.:cool:

I also have a Swiss Army watch with plastic band.

Now, where did I leave those "Magnum" condoms...;) TC

what are all of ya going to do with that stupid a$$ ELT in your watch when 121.5 goes obsolete in a few years?

Errrr... Not all Breitlings weigh a pound or have a million dials.

Not to mention the SuperOcean (just to name one) gives the Submariner (and the Seamaster) a run for its' money in terms of functionality, durability, and looks.

I'd love a Submariner, but personally find either of the other two to be a fine substitute. And over a grand less than the Rolex doesn't hurt, either.

For those who simply MUST have a GMT watch, you don't HAVE to get a digital or a Rolex/Omega/Breitling, etc.... there is an all-analog quartz model sold by the Swiss Army brand that definitely does the job. No sub-dials, just an extra red hand that does one sweep every 24hrs. I have one that I picked up on eBay for about a hundred bucks. It's nice when I feel like having a change of pace from the other daily-wearers.

I. P freely:

Which Swiss army watch model has a GMT hand. I'd like to have a decent quality analog watch with this feature, but I'm not interested in paying thousands of dollars

What do you think of Hublot's? I'm not sure of the quality but they sure look great. The band is indestructible rubber (supposedly) and is scented slightly with vanilla (impregnated) so you don't stink it up when you sweat.

http://www.hublot.ch/index1.htm

AAAhh watches....

Totally out of cheap character for me, (I was 35 before I bought my first new car last year) but I've had my Omega Speedmaster Professional for over four years now. (Moonwatch) I had coveted them since I was 16, and finally broke down and spent the money.

I've loved the watch, my only complaint is that it tends to pickup a bit of time. Keeps me early. Anyone else had the same problem with theirs?

On the plus side, it's got a really cool engraving of the Apollo XI mission patch on the back. (30th anniversary)

Regardless of the historical connection, it's a really good-looking watch.

Swiss Army's GMT model is called the Renegade, I think. There are a couple of different versions, with a blue face, a black face, stainless bracelet, or rubber bracelet.

Actually mine might be called the "GMT Raider" or something. I am not sure they make it anymore, so you might have to look online or on eBay to get it.

Seiko makes an analog GMT model, too... It's nearly $500 retail but can be had for less online.

Go to eBay and type in "GMT" and you will find a wide selection of watches with this feature.

FYI

Costco is not an authorized dealer, so there is no manufacturers warranty. Costco may or may not offer warranties...

Moonwatch accuracy

LJDRVR said:
I've loved the [Moonwatch], my only complaint is that it tends to pickup a bit of time. Keeps me early. Anyone else had the same problem with theirs?
Mine was losing 20 seconds a day off the wrist when I first got it. I had it regulated. On my wrist fifteen hours and off nine it gains about four seconds per 24 hours. I am delighted. That is definitely within COSC standards.
On the plus side, it's got a really cool engraving of the Apollo XI mission patch on the back. (30th anniversary) Regardless of the historical connection, it's a really good-looking watch.
And a cool limited-edition. I missed out on a Gene Cernan limited-edition at a good price, but I have no regrets.

Latest resources

Back