• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got my Breitling Chrono Advenger in ST Thomas. 20% off retail and no tax.

Love my Suunto Vector. Its great for all my backpacking and travel needs. Its got it all plus it tells time neat concept

jbDC9 said:
Wow, aren't we a bunch of fancy lads!? Breitlings and Rolexes, oh my! As for myself, I wear a Timex Expedition watch made from solid, 100%, 24 carat plastic!

Funny, I think several people once used the same tone and manner in mocking my decision to go to college.

Gotta put in a plug for my old Omega Flightmaster. Bought it new around '72 and it's still going strong today.

Scroll down a little and look at the model 911 which is the one I have. (Interesting model # in todays context)

http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/flightmasterarticle.html

Of course, I put some horrible scratches on the brand new crystal soon after I bought it and had to send it back to Switzerland for repair, then it sat in a drawer for about 25 years. That may have something to do with it's longevity. The only thing wrong with it is most of the radium has fallen out of the big blue extra hour hand.

But, hey, I wish I'd bought a truckload of 'em and put them in a drawer 'till now. Probably the best investment I ever made (especially since I didn't really know I was making an investment). :D

Does everybody agree that's a DC8 Super 61 engraved in the back? (Scroll down some more for a pic of the back)

Gulfstream 200 said:
I wouldn't buy an Aerospace used..
If you shop around or if you get to travel much you can find them new for around 1500$.
Just do some research and be sure to get the one with the newer movement (in the last 2 years or so)

I got mine on ebay from a guy that specializes in used high-end watches. It has the new movement and didn't look like it had ever been worn. $800.

The warranty is crap anyway, and thats the only perk from buying from an authorized dealer. Which, I'm guessing most offshore discount places are not authorized dealers anyway.

with orginal papers Breitling will fix your watch free for years...no they dont "warranty" it, but if its a non-wear problem, just send it in, they will do it all - minus the shipping. I even got a free t-shirt and hat the time I had to send mine in (dial problem)....Its worth a shot!...

As far as buying used, especially online...be very wary...the are lots of replicas and junk online..usually at the pricier models than the Aerospace...but still....but the SELLER, not the WATCH.

A few guys at work have the aviation citizen watch. I think they paid 300 for it. It is big, but nice. Has Zulu on it, and e6b dial on the outside.

Seems like most people on here don't recommend that as an aviation watch cuz it is to bulky.

Is that the verdict on it?

hyeradical by swatch. circa 1987. flourescent yellow. I wear five of them on my right arm for time zones and alarms, and a big one around my neck for zulu.

Breitlings and Tags are nice. But if you want a truly awesome watch, go take a look at a Panarai with a power meter. Those things are sweet! The price, however, is not so sweet.

gizbug said:
A few guys at work have the aviation citizen watch. I think they paid 300 for it. It is big, but nice. Has Zulu on it, and e6b dial on the outside.

Seems like most people on here don't recommend that as an aviation watch cuz it is to bulky.

Is that the verdict on it?
I have the stainless Ecodrive. Know a guy with the titanium. You get used to the size and weight of the stainless pretty quick. The Ti model is significantly lighter (obviously). The solar power feature is neat - hopefully won't need batteries for a while. I play with the circular sliderule on the bezel every now and then to figure my truck gas milage or time & distance calcs occasionally. has a few conversions on it too.

I got it as a gift. Would probably by myself a nice Timex Indiglo if I had to spend my $$.

Latest resources

Back