Watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, but they PAY HER to like them. :)

:) :) One of my favorite topics! :) :) Even more than P-F-T!

I disagree strenuously with the comment above about Rolex accuracy. I have a Rolex GMT Master II which varies only one-half a second per day.

I wore an Omega for several years. I didn't think that it was all that great. In all fairness, the model I have was purchased in Europe and might have been a lesser-quality model - but I don't know that for sure.

There are a great many excellent watches available. Something to try to find out about a mechanical watch is the make of its basic movement. You would think that watch companies manufacture their own movements, but a great many companies purchase generic movements and install them in their own cases. Thus, in many situations, you are paying a lot for the name.

A great many chronographs use the Valjoux 7750 movement. Included are some of the Breitlings, but also several Chase-Durer, Limes, and Zeno models. Some of the Fortis, Bell & Ross (Sinn), and Rolex Tudor models use that movement. A widely-used movement for non-chrono watches is the ETA 2824. I know that the makes I mentioned are not as well-known as other watch brands, but they receive great reviews in watch magazines. I have personal experience with all three makes and will vouch for all three as being great values for the price. I own the pictured Zeno model, and believe it is a great alternative to the Breitling E6B model.

Do plenty of shopping. You can oftentimes find better deals on the internet than locally, along with saving money on sales taxes. I've purchased something like five watches on the internet and have had no problems. I would purchase a real high-end watch, such as a Rolex, IWC, Breitling, etc., only from a reputable dealer. I have seen Omegas at Costco and would have no problems purchasing from them (I saw a Chase-Durer model that I own on the referenced page that Costco sells for $300 less than I paid - and I paid less than retail for mine!).

I'd be delighted to entertain any PMs about watches. I'm no watch expert, but I have loved watches since I was a child and believe that I am somewhat knowledgable.

Last edited:
Women's Breitling's...

I am in search of a ladies Breitling..and am having no luck. I am looking for a watch like the mens, just not such a large wide dial....as my wrists are small....and suggestions to where I can look?

I have checked the hompage, ebay, and other watch sites. Do they even exist??

Re: Women's Breitling's...

Lear2460 said:
Do they even exist??

Nope. I dont think there are any women's GMT watches out there. At least none that I've seen!

Wow Bobbysamd you sure know alot about watches. I just know that mine works (most of the time) and it has a UTC time zone programed in.

Ladies' Chronos

Lear2460 said:
I am in search of a ladies Breitling..and am having no luck. I am looking for a watch like the mens, just not such a large wide dial....as my wrists are small....and suggestions to where I can look?

I have checked the hompage, ebay, and other watch sites. Do they even exist??
I personally don't know if there is such a thing as ladies' Breitlings. However, for openers, you might check out Chase-Durer ladies' chronos. If I can think of more I'll add to this post.

If you go that route, do plenty of shopping. I think that you can do better elsewhere than buying the watch from the company store.

Ladies Breitlings

Lear,

Just go to www.breitling.com and you will see that they makes a broad assortment of women's watches. Even better, find a local dealer in your area and pick of a copy of the Chronolog, which is Breitling's catalog containing every watch they make in every possible style and color imaginable.

Dave

Breitling Aerospace is by far the best watch I've ever owned. I set it to the FMS over a year ago and it still ticks off the seconds in unison with the satellite time. The timers and alarms are very audible and easy to set. Time zone changes are a snap as the watch has the capability to change hours without losing or gaining a second. I wear it every day and it still shows no scratches and does'nt set off the Magnetometer. The titanium makes it much lighter than a comparable watch. Don't pay full retail when you can get one on Ebay under $1000 US. Most newer models are certified chronometers, so check the back to make sure.

As for the ladies Breitlings, there are several in the catalog, notably a pink diamond-bezeled Callistino. They do not, however, have the same functionality as the men's watches.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back