• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Watches

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Bobby Sand. I have owned a Submariner and now own a DateJust. I have owned the DateJust for 10 years and I have had it serviced twice. Since it's last service, by a Rolex jeweler, it only loses about 10 seconds a month.

I have an Omega Speedmaster Professional that was purchased for my grandfather in 1967. I also have the orginal box, instructions, and original receipt. It cost the princely sum of $185 (which was quite a bit for a watch in '67). Today, I believe they are going for closer to 2 grand. I'm afraid of losing it or getting it stolen so it does not go to work with me. It doesn't keep time very well so I am thinking about sending it back to Omega and see if they (or Anna) can get it working properly.

I was using a Timex Ironman but then it died and I couldn't find a cheap replacement for it so now I use nothing. My cell phone has time on it and that is good enough.

Being on time is overrated!!

For better quality watches (Rolex,Breitling) you can get good deals (10-25% better than US) in places like Singapore, Hong Kong, possibly Italy. Or to simply beat the US tax go to Nassau, Bay Street. Save 500$ of the bat on that Rolex or Breitling...even more with a cash deal...as usual cash is king...

There are GOOD fakes out there these days, so be careful!!

Ladies' Chronographs for Lear 2460

TAG-Heuer makes ladies' chronographs. Check out these models. I couldn't locate them on the official TAG website. The site has different catalogue numbers.

TAG-Heuers are good watches. I've owned two. Be careful from whom you purchase, because there are a bunch of TAG counterfeits out there.

Hope that helps some more. Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited:
Breitling DOES make many Ladies watches.
They make some very sharp looking ones with a mother of pearl face.

Gulfstream,

I was in Nassau for my cousin's wedding in January and I had to muster every ounce of restraint I could to prevent myself from purchasing another Breitling from Bay Street. There are about 3-4 dealers within a block of each other.

Dave

I hadn't really seen very many breitling aerospace watches around, but it's a sharp looking piece of gear everyone seems to think quite highly of.
In light of this, I am stricken with internal conflict as to whether a Seamaster GMT or the Breitling (used, of course) would be the better choice. Decisions, decisions.. I have to buy myself *something* for christmas, right?

Going to chronocentric.com and its consumer section, there is a listing of so-called reputable used watch dealers.

I wouldn't buy an Aerospace used..
If you shop around or if you get to travel much you can find them new for around 1500$.
Just do some research and be sure to get the one with the newer movement (in the last 2 years or so)

Wow, aren't we a bunch of fancy lads!? Breitlings and Rolexes, oh my! As for myself, I wear a Timex Expedition watch made from solid, 100%, 24 carat plastic! Think I'm on my 3rd plastic band... Cost 35 bucks at Target 3 years ago, works great, never sets off the security beeper.

This one replaced another el cheapo Timex ($25 at K Mart) that I've had for 8.5 years and is still running on the original battery. It's now serving faithfully as a dashboard clock on my motorcycle, stuck on with velcro. Funny thing is, I have two other nicer, fancier, much more expensive watches, but they stay in a desk drawer, broken. Maybe someday I'll get 'em fixed. Or not...

$10 Timex from K-Mart. When the battery dies, I'll throw it away and get another one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back