Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Was CAL headed towards CH 11 Part III before merger ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you Lear- this thread and article has no bearing on pilot issues- looking for wedges is NOT the answer- if you ask why the press release now- it's my belief that mgmt might love to have the pilots duke it out for years on end if it gains them something contractually. The only lesson is don't play into it no matter what conspiracy theory is out there.

Make your case - let it be arbitrated- live with it and get the contractual gains you both more than deserve. Don't be an example of how NOT to conduct a merger- SHOW management that they cannot divide us - be like drew brews and Jared Allen - be unified.

Agree wholeheartedly.

I am thinking the scope article put out by CPT Pierce got them more than a little pissed.

What do you mean NICE TRY.....it was an honest question - why would he put this out there AFTER the merger was this far in progress? RTFQ pause - then read again slowly.

Skyflyin - since you know who I am but maybe you don't know me personally. I have many friends over at CAL and wouldn't want what has happened to me (furlough) to happen to ANYBODY (except the SCABS of course) at our (UAL/CAL) airline. I have watched my newest daughter grow up on Skype (she is one now) while I am in Southeast Asia working 6 days a week trying to keep my sanity. In less than a month after the shareholder votes it will be United Airlines.....start acting like it.

JP

Whoa, easy there Shrek. Don't go all Ogre on me. The Jeff I refer to is Jeff Smisek, the CEO of Continental. I am alluding to him planting this little gem in the media to try and sway the pilots into not asking for too much or to sway public opinion. My response - Nice try, but we are smarter than that.

Sorry if I offended you, Jeff

I think Mr. Sudhanshu Jain probably just earned himself a round trip home in first class.... Or maybe a new Beemer....

Whoa, easy there Shrek. Don't go all Ogre on me. The Jeff I refer to is Jeff Smisek, the CEO of Continental. I am alluding to him planting this little gem in the media to try and sway the pilots into not asking for too much or to sway public opinion. My response - Nice try, but we are smarter than that.

Sorry if I offended you, Jeff

So now you are calling me Smisek !!!! :angryfire lol

Ok I owe you a beer or two......sorry for the confusion - :beer:
Can I hold onto that feeling and use it on the picket line if it comes to that ?!

Maybe Asia is gettin to me........arrrrg

Can I hold onto that feeling and use it on the picket line if it comes to that ?!

Yes, hold onto that because I think we are gonna need it for the picket line over scope if management doesn't learn to say yes.

Here is hoping they do say yes and we have you back ASAP.

Cheers

Come on guys. Does everything have to be some vast conspiracy? This idiot (Sudhanshu Jain) is in grad school for God's sake (not even a highly ranked one at that). I see two likely scenarios:

A) He completely botched the calculations for his Altman Z score analysis.
B) He misapplied the Altman Z score. Using the Altman Z score for any airline would yield the same results (a score below 1.8).

The thought that some grad student at the University of Texas at Dallas would accurately predict the demise of CAL before the thousands of analysts on Wall St is ridiculous at best. Do people believe everything they read on the internet?

So now you are calling me Smisek !!!! :angryfire lol

Shrek, since there are vacancies on this current bid with the 787's coming on line, if given the chance would you take a new hire position here at CAL? I am curious as to how many furloughed UAL guys would take it.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back