Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Want to see how they clean the cups in your hotel room?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well this certainly supports staying in the Red Roof because they supply plastic cups wrapped in something similar to a prophylactic!

Main Entry: 2prophylactic
Function: noun
: something prophylactic</I> ; especially : a device and especially a condom for preventing venereal infection or conception</I>

Last edited:
Well this certainly supports staying in the Red Roof because they supply plastic cups wrapped in something similar to a prophylactic!

Main Entry: 2prophylactic
Function: noun
: something prophylactic</I> ; especially : a device and especially a condom for preventing venereal infection or conception</I>

It's not "similar" to a prophylactic. :eek:

It's either stay at the hotel, or 'camp out' on the CRJ via wooden plankboard (Mesa style)!

I'll take the hotel.

It's not "similar" to a prophylactic. :eek:

Why, of course it is! It is similar in objective and function. It protects the plastic cup and end user from germs. Although the cup is sealed with a plastic sheathing, it is not necessarily sterile, but at least it gives one alot more confidence that one is getting a clean cup versus one that was used by every guest in that room since it was placed there.

Last edited:
A few years ago one of the tv news crews put a special black light on hotel bedspreads which showed how much protein had been "spilled" bedspread. It didn't matter whether they were cheap or luxury hotels.

Over the past 14 years of living out of hotels I haven't been sick more often than I was before I started this job. I don't worry about how dirty the clean hotels are, I just check for bed bugs, that's it. This "germaphobia" does more harm than good.

Hygiene Hypothesis: Are We Too "Clean" for Our Own Good?

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002421.html

The immune system is there for a reason, said Dr. Kugathasan. "It's there to recognize 'the bad guys.' The immune system allows your body to kill those bad guys and allows you to survive. In order to harden the immune system, the immune system requests some kind of stimuli all the time."
"The hygiene hypothesis suggests that the more hygienic one becomes, the more susceptible one is to various autoimmune diseases. The autoimmune diseases, the diseases that result from all the activation of your immune system, are increasing. The hygiene hypothesis - and we don't yet have a proof of it - acknowledges that the maturation of the immune system needs some kind of hardening, some kind of resistance. Put another way, you cannot really build up good muscles without doing exercise."

Last edited:
The immune system is there for a reason, said Dr. Kugathasan. It's there to recognize 'the bad guys.'
That's why I lick the doorknobs when I get to the room.

I just saw that Fox 10 in PHX is going to be airing that story tonight. Some of the footage looks like the same footage from ATL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back