Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Want to know about Spirt airlines... anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Few guys I know didn't use it when they interviewed few weeks ago. However, did see Joe C. warming her up a couple of monthes ago!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Rumors are around about a MD-80 FTD eval. Anyway, I do live in FLL.

This goes under the heading...Your mileage may vary...

I know of some who have done an MD-80 profile during the interview.

I know of at least one that was put in the A320 FTD for a profile.

I know of many who never had either.

N2F

In all seriousness this time, the interview process is fairly relaxed compared to many other places. Have a few situational stories ready. A written test is a possibility.
If you really want to be at NK, then I wish you luck on your interview. NK is really a pretty good place, (not like it used to be), but not the worst, either. You will be getting an A320 PIC type rating right off the bat which is very nice to have. The crews are (for the most part) a good bunch of guys. The line flying has some decent variety. Reserve needs help, but that can be said for reserve in general. The equipment is new and nice (but could use a good cleaning). Plus, there is some real growth at NK. Being already established in Florida is a big, big plus for your QOL. It's definitely a step up from being at a commuter. Quite a few guys want to stay for the long term. There are a few negatives as well.....

Last edited:
Rumors are around about a MD-80 FTD eval.

This was posted on the E mail sent for the Interview

"There will be a presentation about Spirit, our history and future at 8:00 am and a 3-4 person panel interview as well as a pilot knowledge test. Please come prepared to spend several hours with us."

No mention of one when I spoke to them....for what it is worth!

If you live locally or at least in FL, QOL here is very nice. There are a lot of good things here, but just like any place it has some negatives. Although we have been around the block for several years with the new bussiness model this feels just like a new airline (NK is my 4th). A lot of growing pains and fixing up to do, but it is getting done however painfull at times it might be. The model is working and they are making money - that is VERY important (I'm also an Independence alumni so I know).
If you want to do some interesting flying in an Airbus stay at nice hotels meet some good peole and potentially upgrade fast (or so they say) come to NK.

Thanks for the honesty guys. The gentlemen that wrote me a recommendation has been there for 14 years. I have known him for just about that long. He seems very happy and seconds the idea of “Ups and Downs” but as you say, you are growing and those things should be expected. I live about 90 miles for DCA, but we have family in Central FL and really enjoy that area. This coupled with the fast upgrade time, and the expected growth of NK has me thinking it is a good match.

Do you know what type of growth the company is planning on? Are the new aircraft, that are on order, going to expand frequency in existing markets or will they be used to develop new markets?

I have been flying for the same company for 16 years (corporate flying). I am still trying to come to grips with the fact that there is a real possibility of loosing our airplane to a series of buyouts and mergers. Again thanks for your honesty guys.

Rumors are around about a MD-80 FTD eval.

This was posted on the E mail sent for the Interview

"There will be a presentation about Spirit, our history and future at 8:00 am and a 3-4 person panel interview as well as a pilot knowledge test. Please come prepared to spend several hours with us."

No mention of one when I spoke to them....for what it is worth!

Same e-mail I got last last week. Looking forward to the interview. REALLY wanna work at NK. Thanks everyone for the inputs...

Latest resources

Back