Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Want to know about Spirt airlines... anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ApocketA's_145

Im thinking about applying to spirit airlines.... i live in florida and i have little PIC time... lots of jet time. I see their requirements I meet them all, and noticed no PIC requirements... kinda weird, but I have very little, maybe 120 pic as of now. Whats the QOL there? do they have lines or PBS? I see 150% pay for opentime pickup... is there alot of opentime to pick up or is it hard? Also what are my chances of getting hired with little PIC but lots of 121 jet time experience? good future u think?? thanks guys!

You need 1000 PIC Turbine

Im thinking about applying to spirit airlines.... i live in florida and i have little PIC time... lots of jet time. I see their requirements I meet them all, and noticed no PIC requirements... kinda weird, but I have very little, maybe 120 pic as of now. Whats the QOL there? do they have lines or PBS? I see 150% pay for opentime pickup... is there alot of opentime to pick up or is it hard? Also what are my chances of getting hired with little PIC but lots of 121 jet time experience? good future u think?? thanks guys!

Are you giving information to us? Or are you asking for information from people who work at Spirit?

I'm not sure that 4100TT counts as lots of 121 jet time...moving on...

Exceptions have been made for people who have no internal recommendations or less than 5000TT...however I have heard of no exceptions being made for people who have less than 1000 turbine PIC...questions?

Spirit is short staffed and hiring a lot. There are a lot of jobs out there right now, so spirit will start having a harder time filling classes. The 1000 PIC is not a hard min. They are getting desperate. Apply. Spirit is losing FO's and will need a lot of them. Living in FL you should have a pretty good shot. I was talking to an applicant and was basically offered a job over the phone.

BTW there are many threads about the QOL there.

good luck

Last edited:
The big ones are pay and DTW base. A lot of new hired FO's came to Spirit because DTW. Since the fate of this base is up in the air guys are starting to look for other options. Secondly is pay, pretty much the lowest A320 pay in the US (except Stybus). Hopefully this will be fixed, but obvioulsy not without a fight and a lot of fussing around. With almost all of the LCC's and Legacies hiring people do not want to sit around and gamble with their lives.

Hiring will double to 32 a month soon. Big growth - Contract talks into mediation soon (2 years or more till a new one I am thinking) - FLL is the only base soon - another DTW base reduction came out today.

Current contract -PM me and I will send it to you.

Latest resources

Back