• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wallmart.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While we don't have a WalMart very close, I have NO problem shopping there for things that are far cheaper than other places. I certainly dont go out of my way to go there, as the experience is usually poor.

BUT...if it saves me money and time under one roof, that's all I care. More money saved on everyday crap means more in my savings or fun budget.

Mom and Pop stores can adapt, compete, or shut down...ironically none around me seem to be affected by Walmart, Target, etc. If I need something special or quality - I dont go to big box stores like Walmart as most of their stuff is JUNK....but I'm not supporting the little guy by paying more for toilet paper, toothpaste, diapers, or prescriptions.

Welfare didn't work for Detroit, and it never will in retail either.

I smile when I read the rants against Wal-Mart and wonder how many of the “ranters” shop on-line. Just a guess; a majority do and another guess is that they don’t offer up any sales taxes to their respective states in their end of year filings. But that is different I am sure...

I smile when I read the rants against Wal-Mart and wonder how many of the “ranters” shop on-line. Just a guess; a majority do and another guess is that they don’t offer up any sales taxes to their respective states in their end of year filings. But that is different I am sure...

of course....I mean, nobody shops at *gasp* WALMART!...buy a Prius, protest Walmart, Free Tibet. So original.

While I dont get there often to judge, they must be doing something right to be in the #1 retailer in the world year after year yet NOBODY shops there.....

:confused:

Now, I have to get to bed, the laptop is keeping my co-pilot up.

:)

This is hilarious.. In the times of "No plane no gain" we've got a company who's been the model for every news write up on positive use of business aircraft. Not only have they not laid off, but they've recently hired!!! They are busy upgrading the fleet too!!!

The old arguments are based in the 90's. Here in 2009, they are busy promoting and building "greener" stores and communities across N.America welcome new stores and the additional jobs. In times like these is this not a positive??

:beer:

This is hilarious.. In the times of "No plane no gain" we've got a company who's been the model for every news write up on positive use of business aircraft. Not only have they not laid off, but they've recently hired!!! They are busy upgrading the fleet too!!!

The old arguments are based in the 90's. Here in 2009, they are busy promoting and building "greener" stores and communities across N.America welcome new stores and the additional jobs. In times like these is this not a positive??

:beer:

I'm not a wal-mart hater, but if you lower the bar when times are bad, the bar pretty much invariably stays lower when the tide rises... then we all drown!

I'm not a wal-mart hater, but if you lower the bar when times are bad, the bar pretty much invariably stays lower when the tide rises... then we all drown!

I love when the bar-lowering stuff comes out in aviation...where grown, college educated people work for 20-25K a year at an airline and somehow justify it. They did it during the boom AND bust periods, and will continue to..

Newsflash through the trailer park! - being a Walmart cashier may not provide a wonderful living. If one is not content with this, better hit night school and move on!

You only drown if you are too f'n sad to learn to swim. America was built on this concept, a concept that seems to be unheard of today.

I love when the bar-lowering stuff comes out in aviation...where grown, college educated people work for 20-25K a year at an airline and somehow justify it. They did it during the boom AND bust periods, and will continue to..

Newsflash through the trailer park! - being a Walmart cashier may not provide a wonderful living. If one is not content with this, better hit night school and move on!

You only drown if you are too f'n sad to learn to swim. America was built on this concept, a concept that seems to be unheard of today.

but a cashier makes as much as a regional pilot. :)

Well, if I'm bunking with my co-pilot you better look good in a nitie!

Also Bentonville Arkansasss isa dry community , how could any normal pilot really work for a company thats based in a dry county!!!

There is no way I could drink the walmart blue koolaid without some vodka!...wonder if there is a company rule banning you from smuggling in liquor from your trips away?

Latest resources

Back