• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wall Street sure likes the merger news for ALK JB and LCC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just talked to one of our fearless leaders. No merging in AS's future in any form. Growth and lots of it. Starting soon! But I will believe it when I see it. New city announcements in a couple of days...

Just talked to one of our fearless leaders. No merging in AS's future in any form. Growth and lots of it. Starting soon! But I will believe it when I see it. New city announcements in a couple of days...

LOL, I think that is what Richard Anderson told the DAL pilots right before the NWA merger.

Nu

Would have happened by now.

It can happen right up until it's signed on the dotted line.

NWA snaked Midwest away from AirTran virtually at the last second. All my Tranny bros were all telling me I was full of it because it was "a done deal...everyone is committed".

Now the quality of that transaction is a whole other matter, but weird, last minute crap can, and does happen.

Nu

It can happen right up until it's signed on the dotted line.

NWA snaked Midwest away from AirTran virtually at the last second. All my Tranny bros were all telling me I was full of it because it was "a done deal...everyone is committed".

Now the quality of that transaction is a whole other matter, but weird, last minute crap can, and does happen.

Nu

SWA can outbid anyone. Sorry Charlie. This is done.

RA has been in pdx hanging out with BA which always makes you wonder but I can only say what I have been told...

SWA may very well be able to outbid anyone. Doesn't mean the price has to stay the same.

It's called "Greenmailing"

Nu

"Greenmailing" yeah I know what that is. This is not "Greenmail"

Greenmail or greenmailing is the practice of purchasing enough shares in a firm to threaten a takeover and thereby forcing the target firm to buy those shares back at a premium in order to suspend the takeover.

Airtran is not buying those shares back. They want to be bought

Would have happened by now.

How do you figure that? This has still got a long way to go. Two boards...Two groups of shareholders and one justice department. There is still plenty of time for somebody to throw a competing bid in.

How do you figure that? This has still got a long way to go. Two boards...Two groups of shareholders and one justice department. There is still plenty of time for somebody to throw a competing bid in.

Hey Slick have you ever heard of a hostile takeover? Not that this would ever happen in this scenario.

When the homecoming queen picks the dude he can't say no.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back