• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart - What's happening?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what were the demographics of the last 2 or 3 classes of newhires at Wal-Mart? What kind of qualifications did they have?

Last edited:
onthebeach said:
If you're a chick or minority under thirty with a Lear type & 500 hours in same, put in a resume and wait for the call.

If you're not, put in a resume and deduct it from your taxes.

Have a nice day.

I worked there up till Jan. of this year and I have the pilot list in my hand. As far as I can count, all but 1 of the multitude of recent new hires has been white males... The 1 that they have hired is a highly qualified and outstanding individual/pilot.

Any other know-it-alls care to chime in ???

Last edited:
What can I say? Guilty. I was in a hurry and did indeed misread what you wrote. I am sorry about that. Had I read that correctly, I probably would not have written. Once again, my apoligies for misreading that. By the way, I am not a Hawker f/o any longer. Moved on to bigger, faster, less range and better.........

onthebeach said:
>>Chink? I don't recall walmart advertising they were looking for chinks.<<

Hawker F/O, you need to get your eyes checked.

My post...intended to be helpful, by the way...referred to "chicks," that's C-H-I-C-K-S, which is english slang for females (usually, but not always, intended to denote those of a certain age, appearance, and general sexual appeal). "Chinks," on the other hand, is a derogatory english slang term...one that would never pass MY lips, by the way...for Chinese persons.

Since Chinese persons are also considered a minority in the U.S., I would suppose they would have a decided advantage in the WalMart flight department hiring process as well...provided, that is, that they had the requisite Lear type rating and a suitable amount of Lear flight time logged. Once again, exceptions might be made, depending on the individual's connections within the WalMart organization.

However, I would prefer to restrict our discussion to that class of persons aforementioned, that is, the "chicks." Thank you in advance for your indulgence in this matter.

Thanks, also, for admitting that your connections got you your current job. That bit of honesty is perhaps the start of a new and refreshing worldview for you, one that will be helpful. But, as I suspect you are a chick yourself, perhaps not.

In conclusion: my, my, but what a shrill and specious little number you are.

Have a nice day.

CapnVegetto said:
Seems to me like this makes sense. I applied for them a while back. Exceeded their minimums, was current in the Lear with 500 hours in type, had been to sim within a year, AND was local and they didn't even want to talk to me. I was thinking, "what the hell?" I called back on a follow up and found out that I didn't even make the cut for phone interviews. A buddy told me they hired 2 chicks with LESS quals than me.

I'll never apply there again.

After reading h25b's post, it sounds as though someone didn't want to hurt your feelings about not being hired.

CapnVegetto said:
Seems to me like this makes sense. I applied for them a while back. Exceeded their minimums, was current in the Lear with 500 hours in type, had been to sim within a year, AND was local and they didn't even want to talk to me. I was thinking, "what the hell?" I called back on a follow up and found out that I didn't even make the cut for phone interviews. A buddy told me they hired 2 chicks with LESS quals than me.

I'll never apply there again.

It's been a while since any females have been hired, so you're either full of it or someone did not want to hurt your feelings...

HawkerF/O said:
What can I say? Guilty. I was in a hurry and did indeed misread what you wrote. I am sorry about that. Had I read that correctly, I probably would not have written. Once again, my apoligies for misreading that. By the way, I am not a Hawker f/o any longer. Moved on to bigger, faster, less range and better.........

BRAVO!! It's nice to see someone on flightinfo admit when they are wrong.

FWIW, I for one have never been wrong.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back