Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CargoK9

Hey folks,

There was some activity on the boards a couple months back about Wal-Mart perhpas looking for pilots. Haven't heard a peep since.
icon6.gif
Just wondering what is happening over there these days and when they might be hiring again. Thanks for any info you got.

Iphlye

If you're a chick or minority under thirty with a Lear type & 500 hours in same, put in a resume and wait for the call.

If you're not, put in a resume and deduct it from your taxes.

Have a nice day.

onthebeach said:
If you're a chick or minority under thirty with a Lear type & 500 hours in same, put in a resume and wait for the call.

Have a nice day.
Oh, you're a real class act! Do you wonder why they turned you down or why you can't get a decent job anywhere? It's that attitude of yours. I once overheard someone say "Aviation is like a self cleaning over", and after reading your post, it seems like that is oh so true..........

>>Oh, you're a real class act! Do you wonder why they turned you down or why you can't get a decent job anywhere? It's that attitude of yours. I once overheard someone say "Aviation is like a self cleaning over", and after reading your post, it seems like that is oh so true..........<<

I guess this just goes to show you can't be nice to some people.

All I did was tell the truth, WalMart's department is looking for a certain demographic: the chicks and the minorities, with Lear type & time. If you have that you'll get an interview, if you don't you won't.

Exceptions may be made...as with any corporate job...depending on if you're connected, and how well you're connected.

After all, my friend...exactly how did you get that Hawker F/O job? Was it because you personally were the most qualified individual in the market? Don't make me laugh, now.

Have a nice day.

onthebeach said:

Have a nice day.

LMAO:D

That one was good and true from what I have heard.

I think the female part is the "in", just never figured a sex change would be appropriate considering how much the company is worth, it's profits, etc, when you look at the compensation package offered to the pilots.

Last edited:
Chink? I don't recall walmart advertising they were looking for chinks. As for my Hawker job, that was all about being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people, the same way most of us here got our jobs. It's not about being the most qualified. If that were the case, none of us here would have a job. There is always someone with more time, experience, and knowledge. I am not a woman or a "Chink". Get a life.........

onthebeach said:
>>Oh, you're a real class act! Do you wonder why they turned you down or why you can't get a decent job anywhere? It's that attitude of yours. I once overheard someone say "Aviation is like a self cleaning over", and after reading your post, it seems like that is oh so true..........<<

I guess this just goes to show you can't be nice to some people.

All I did was tell the truth, WalMart's department is looking for a certain demographic: the chicks and the minorities, with Lear type & time. If you have that you'll get an interview, if you don't you won't.

Exceptions may be made...as with any corporate job...depending on if you're connected, and how well you're connected.

After all, my friend...exactly how did you get that Hawker F/O job? Was it because you personally were the most qualified individual in the market? Don't make me laugh, now.

Have a nice day.

Get over it.

EVERY large flight department wants women and minorities.

Wake up, thats reality. If you let it bother you, you will just come across as bitter.

Good for them I say, take advantage of the opportunity.

Seems to me like this makes sense. I applied for them a while back. Exceeded their minimums, was current in the Lear with 500 hours in type, had been to sim within a year, AND was local and they didn't even want to talk to me. I was thinking, "what the hell?" I called back on a follow up and found out that I didn't even make the cut for phone interviews. A buddy told me they hired 2 chicks with LESS quals than me.

I'll never apply there again.

Last edited:
>>Chink? I don't recall walmart advertising they were looking for chinks.<<

Hawker F/O, you need to get your eyes checked.

My post...intended to be helpful, by the way...referred to "chicks," that's C-H-I-C-K-S, which is english slang for females (usually, but not always, intended to denote those of a certain age, appearance, and general sexual appeal). "Chinks," on the other hand, is a derogatory english slang term...one that would never pass MY lips, by the way...for Chinese persons.

Since Chinese persons are also considered a minority in the U.S., I would suppose they would have a decided advantage in the WalMart flight department hiring process as well...provided, that is, that they had the requisite Lear type rating and a suitable amount of Lear flight time logged. Once again, exceptions might be made, depending on the individual's connections within the WalMart organization.

However, I would prefer to restrict our discussion to that class of persons aforementioned, that is, the "chicks." Thank you in advance for your indulgence in this matter.

Thanks, also, for admitting that your connections got you your current job. That bit of honesty is perhaps the start of a new and refreshing worldview for you, one that will be helpful. But, as I suspect you are a chick yourself, perhaps not.

In conclusion: my, my, but what a shrill and specious little number you are.

Have a nice day.

onthebeach said:
>>Chink? I don't recall walmart advertising they were looking for chinks.<<

Hawker F/O, you need to get your eyes checked.

I noticed the same thing. It's one thing to go off on a rant, we all do it from time to time, but it's a good idea to zero in on the correct point... And not blast someone's spelling/suggest they're a racist when the error in question doesn't exist! ;)

Latest resources

Back