• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like Passion works there so he probably has the real scoop but I found some good information on their corporate webpage.

1. Go to www.walmartstores.com
  2. Then click on the Career Information tab at the top of the screen
  3. In the frame on the left click aviation under departments.
On the aviation page there is a job description, minimum requirements, and an email address to send a resume.

There's also a pretty wicked video you can watch about life as a walmart pilot. Here's some of the info:

• 2000 hours total time
  • 1000 hours of fixed wing time
  • 500 hours multi time
  • Second class medical
  • Commercial or ATP license with an instrument rating
  • Must have flight time in the last 6 months
  • Relocation to Northwest Arkansas a must
If you are interested in a pilot position with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., please email your resume to [email protected].

JJtheJet you’re an idiot and thank god you’re gone. Funny thing is while you were here you bitched about a number of captains but a number of captains only bitched about one fo - YOU. Please take your self-righous - better than every one - I'm a god personality and make someone else's day miserable. I just feel bad for the people in BNA. Good riddance!

pettylear said:
JJtheJet you’re an idiot and thank god you’re gone. Funny thing is while you were here you bitched about a number of captains but a number of captains only bitched about one fo - YOU. Please take your self-righous - better than every one - I'm a god personality and make someone else's day miserable. I just feel bad for the people in BNA. Good riddance!

Alright people... Let's all be civil, I'm sure big-brother is watching... I only hope I'm as well thought of... :rolleyes: :D

I don't think he's in BNA... Try further East.

Maybe he just didn't like the cheer... :confused: :) Been thinking about this one for a while. The department just wasn't for him and some of what he said is the truth. So please, allow me to try and wade through some of "JJ" and "pettylear" 's accusations.

1. Upgrade time is long, really long. So long in fact that some of the F.O.'s have and will probably leave for capt. positions elsewhere... Not saying that to bash, it's just a fact and DW is aware of it (at least that's what he indicated during my exit interview :confused: ).

2. They did drop the sim eval. for a recent interview process (PARTLY due to cost considerations, but PARTLY because the quality of candidates didn't demand it...)

3. There are some capts. that treat the F.O.'s like dirt (but that goes on at dept's with only 10 pilots, let alone 80). I also think these Capts. are a dying breed, both at Wal-Mart and elsewhere.

4. A lot of the managers ARE inexperienced (it's their first management position). However this is the price you pay when you do the right thing and promote from within. I just think it will take a while for them to find out the right formula to keep things organized and running smoothly. To that end they have (and no doubt will continue) to change/redefine the management structure to better address some of these issues. Part of this difficulty stems from the tremendous change that has occured in the department over a short amount of time. They've gone from all props to all jets (and a lot of them) in a short amount of time. To add to this the types of new hires brought in has changed dramatically. Most of today's senior captains were hired in to the right seat of the commanders with little or no jet (or turbine) experience, while today's new hires are coming in with thousands of hours, at least one type rating, and plenty of jet experience. Managing these two distinctly different types of new hires requires two distinctly different methods. A perfect example of this is the Senior F.O. position. This is essentially a capt. grooming position that I don't think will even be required when it comes time for some of the more recently hired pilots to upgrade. They've been filing flight plans for years already and they don't need the title to be handed their own set of Jepps (nod to my class of July '03 brothers).

Trust me, it is not a painless situation when someone from the outside takes command of a department and realizing this Wal-Mart has promoted from within.

5. "JJ" (if he is who I think he is) is NOT an idiot, I still consider him a friend and wish him well. As a former next door neighbor (literally), he and his wife were good to me and my family. An "I'm God" personality doesn't take time to watch over their neighbor's home, spend entire days helping me move all of my belongings in to ABC Storage, or hand me the keys to his own truck while he has to go to work. I was around while he was on board and for what it's worth don't recall anyone complaining about him any more than others. Come to think of it I did hear of one capt. complaining about him, but most that I spoke with agreed it was the capt.'s "self-righteous" attitude that was the problem. I disagree with some of his comments on this subject and think over time he'll regret posting what he did. Simply put, Wal-Mart wasn't for him and he did the right thing for himself by moving on (for a capt. position elsewhere). There ARE a few capts. that need b&tched about and I'm sure there are a few F.O.s that could use the same, but there were bigger fish to fry than "JJ".

I don't think anyone should EVER burn the bridge the way he did. Some of what he said was NOT true, some was... Period...

One more thing, this board is well read by most of Wal-Mart Aviation...
So to EL, RJP, SRP, DW, and others:

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here to sort of mediate, JPG :)

Last edited:
h25b,

Thanks. The question a few weeks ago really is for a buddy who has yet to jump on the board here. Not sure if WM is what he is really looking for but I'll pass it all on when he gets back from leave.

VVJM265

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back