Wal-Mart II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sked. ?

I've read the above posts on sked. and quality of life and have a few questions.

It looks like mostly day trips (except for the 4 or so RON's/month) so if you don't get assigned a trip on say Monday for the next day are you on call, off or somewhere in the middle? Also are you required to be in contact 24/7 and carry a pager?

Also how are aircraft dispatched? I guess you do your own flight planning from what I can remember about the Pro Pilot article.

Again thanks for taking the time to relay info and answer questions. You are doing the industry and our profession a good service by helping others.

Hope thoes catfish you caught are good. I hope to and can't wait to join you guys down there on the lake.

Take Care

500agl,

They do try to post a schedule 2 weeks in advance. The schedule tells you what airplane you are assigned to and where you will be going. They typically are 3 to 6 stops in one day. If you are not scheduled to fly they assign you a standby number. If you are standby 1 or 2 then you are on call all night, but if you have a higher number than that you are off at 5 pm. Getting called to fly on standby is not that common.

We have a schedule that we print off for an entire year that tells us what days we have off. We have 1 four day weekend per month and 1 three day weekend and then you have days off scheduled during the middle of some weeks. It really works out pretty nice.

They also post the destinations we will be hitting in 2 to 3 weeks before they assign pilots so that if we want to go somewhere in particular we can bid that on a first come first serve basis.

We should be starting to call people for the interview in the next week or so. Good luck to all.

p4f,

How long is there usually between the phone call and the interview?

Find out what the new airplanes are yet?

How close do you have to live to Rogers? Is Fayetteville o.k.?

Thanks for all the answers!!!

Last edited:
Brett,

There is no set time between the phone call and the interview. I have heard the interview will take place early to mid july. Right now the interview committee is going over all the resumes. I uderstand that we have approximately 600 resumes to go over, it takes a little time.

The new airplane is a Challenger.

You can live in Fayetteville if you want. That is about 45 minutes away. Just remember that you have to be at the airport at 5:15am. The longer away you live, the earllier you have to get up. Good luck to all.

P4F

Passion4flying.....Do you know how many positions Wal-Mart is interviewing for in the upcoming interviews? I have been invited to the interviews in Atlanta and was also wondering what kind of subjects will be covered on the written test. Any info. on the process would be greatly appreciated......Okflyr.

okflyr,

First, Congratulations to you and all who are coming. As far as the questions you have asked, I am not too sure. I am NOT on the interview committee so I don't have any specific information on how things are going to proceed. Do not worry when you get to Atlanta the committee will tell you everything you need to know. I do not have a concrete information on how many they are hiring or any information like that. But, I wish everyone good luck and hope to see you guys at KROG in the near future.

P4F

Benefits

Can you give me any information about the benefits? Health, dental, vacation, sick time, 401k, etc.....

Also, on average, how often are the pilots on call? How long do they have to report?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Benefits are pretty standard. You get health and dental and eye, all the standard stuff. After 1 year you can start 401K. There is profit sharing. I am not sure if it is your first year or after your first year you get 1 week vacation then after your 2d year you get 2 years. I am not sure what the process is after that.
We typically work 4 days a week with 1 or 2 standby days a week. When you get called in you are expected to get therre without any delay. So when you are standby 1 or 2 you always plan to be available. Believe me, you don't want to be the one who is standby 1 and can't be reached. You don't get called alot on standby but that is what we are getting paid for so we are ready. Again, good luck to all.

Pro Pilot ?

Does anyone remember the date of the Pro Pilot Article on Wal Mart. I think it was in late 00 or early 01 sometime.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back