Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

passion4flying

Everyone,

Hello. RebeJetGirl has asked me to help answer some questions since she is unable to. Let me give all the basics and hopefully that will answer everyone's questions.

First

You can send your resumes to:

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Attn: Jenny Ford
5 Hammerschmidt Dr.
Rogers, AR 72756

Second: According to the latest RUMORS ( and that is just what they are) we may have a couple new airplanes on the ramp this year so they will be needing the pilots for upgrades. I am not sure how many they will be hiring. All hired will go into the Learjet 30 series as a First Officer. Wal-Mart will fly you to the interview and put you up in a hotel room for the night and feed you. During the interview process there will be a sim ride in the lear 35 simulator and a sit down interview with four or five of the captains here at Wal-Mart. It is done very professionally and there are no surprises. It will take a couple of weeks before they figure out who they want and they will contact you. Unless they have changed it, Wal-Mart will help with moving expenses to live in AR. All pilots need to live fairly close. I think the plan is that once you are hired you go to flight safety for lear 35 initial. After one year you go back for recurrent with type. Every six months after initial they send you to recurrent alternating between Lear 35 and lear 31. There are annual evaluations on your hire date and depending on your performance there is a little raise. After type and depending on the needs of the company (which change often) there are upgrades to captain. There is NO timeline for captain. It all depends on the needs of the Company and your performance.

Life at Wal-mart is pretty good. We fly approximately 50-70 hours a month. We have an average of 4 RON's per month. You are home every other night. 90% of our flights leave at 6:30 am and return around 5:30 pm. We have scheduled days off with 1 four day weedend per month. We do not fly a whole lot on weekends, but you will at times. we have approximately 70 pilots and 21 airplanes with all but one being Lear 30 series airplanes. They are nicely equipped with most of them equipped with EFIS. We are currently putting in the planes the EGPWS. I have only one thing to say about Maintenance. The are the BEST!

I will let the interview committee discuss salaries with everybody. I am not sure of hiring mins but I think you have to have around 2000TT with 500ME. I am guessing you might need a little more to be competitive. Everybody knows how the industry is doing. But that is not all they look at. They look at what kind of experience you have and at the interview they look at will you fit in with the rest of us loonies. Naa, we really have a good group of pilots with alot of good talent.

That is all I can think of for now. Just post your questions and I will do my best and good luck to all.

Passion

wal-mart

Where is the interview, and what are the new ships that are coming?

hey all again,

Brett,

The interviews usually take place at witicha, ks. we use their flight safety facility and their sim. I think the new ships will be Challengers. not sure what model of Challenger.

Swimmer,

I believe the pay starts around 40,000 a year.

Just keep the questions coming and i'll do my best to answer them.

Passion

Questions for anyone who may know

Do the pilots normally fly everyday Mon. thru Fri and then some
weekends or is it hit and miss through the week?

What would the salary range be after 5 years or so?

Are most of the Wal-Mart guys content with their jobs?

Thanks

Is there an email for resumes or just the snail mail?

Thanks.

Proav,

It is mainly Mon thru Fri. We average probably around four days per week. Be sure that we earn our keep. Just about every day we work is at least a 12 hour day. Be at the airport at 5:30 am and land back at ROG at 5:30 pm. Not all days are like that, but most are. It really is hard to say what your salary would be in five years. They are currently working on a progression plan that means more money for you even if you stay a First Officer for a couple of years or more. You won't starve here. Most of the people are very happy here and are planning on making it a career.

LR25,

Here is a FAX number. I am sorry I don't have an E-Mail. Let me ask REBAJETGIRL tomorrow. 479-621-2450 ATTN: Jenny Ford

That's all for tonight. Keep them coming.

Passion

Thanks my friend.

LR25

Latest resources

Back