• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waiver for Ritalin or Concentra?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No head meds allowed. That goes for ADD too...
A leading cause of aviation accidents are attributed to inadvertent distractions. Someone diagnosed with ADD is significantly more susceptible to less demanding distractions than would a person without ADD.

I'm sure you know this but whatever your friend does DO NOT let him admit to taking it to the FAA or his AME. He'll have to go through an official un-prescribing period for lack of a better name, get letters from doctors, talk to OK City... Went through it all when I was 16 just cause my parents wanted me to quit drawing airplanes in class and pay attention.

TDTURBO said:
It's ClassII, the above responses are correct, no way.

Props to the wife. She's the smart one. :D TC

P.S.--They tried to pull the ADD thing on us with my daughter. She's lazy (like me), not ADD'ed... :rolleyes:

It's funny the way society treats this stuff. Ritalin, the stuff the air force uses, and cooked in a rusty sink meth are all pretty much the same thing.
Remember folks Meth is for kids and fighter pilots only.

Big difference between Meth-amphetamine and Ritalin and Amphetamine (military uses). Meth is much much more addictive and dangerous. Regular amphetamine had been used for decades safely before people started abusing them.

Crimson03 said:
It's funny the way society treats this stuff. Ritalin, the stuff the air force uses, and cooked in a rusty sink meth are all pretty much the same thing.
Remember folks Meth is for kids and fighter pilots only.

I used to take 3 Sudafed (90mg) for ADD so I wouldn't have to go the prescription route. Not as effective as Ritalin, but close.

Latest resources

Back