• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waiver for Ritalin or Concentra?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just asking for a friend, but is it even POSSIBLE to get a waiver on any class of medical if you are taking Ritalin or Concentra, and claim to be dependant on it?

No. Try getting a waiver for heroin. It'd be easier...

Seriously, it's in the class above the Codine deratives. And in the class right below the illegal drugs.TC

AA717driver said:
No. Try getting a waiver for heroin. It'd be easier...

Seriously, it's in the class above the Codine deratives. And in the class right below the illegal drugs.TC

It's ClassII, the above responses are correct, no way.

Thanks for the info AA & TD

dseagrav,

i dont ritalin, it's for another guy who posted on the other forum

Last edited:
Meh, I didn't read that until after I posted. >_<

I went through hell to avoid taking that stuff back in school. My mother and my teachers wanted me on it real bad. I don't see why anyone would want to take it voluntarily. That was before I knew about the nasty habit-forming side effects, too.

It's my understanding that Ritalin is similar in effect to Amphetamines, so no way. Unless you're military and they give you real amphetamine for long missions. Apparently its a popular street drug as is oxycontin.

It's prescribed for ADD. Not sure if ADD is disqualifying, doubt it. If anything the drug would heighten awareness.

Metro752 said:
Just asking for a friend, but is it even POSSIBLE to get a waiver on any class of medical if you are taking Ritalin or Concentra, and claim to be dependant on it?

JohnE said:
It's prescribed for ADD. Not sure if ADD is disqualifying, doubt it. If anything the drug would heighten awareness.

It doesn't. It's a behaviour-supression drug, meant to eliminate undesirable thought patterns in children. It's a very brute force approach to solving ADD - It doesn't make the child able to concentrate in school, it removes their desire to do anything except what they are told. Specifically, Ritalin suppresses or eliminates impulsive or instinctive behavior. It makes kids who ask difficult questions into managable sheep, and has the bonus side effects of inducing chemical imbalances and/or dependency. It's bad news.

Latest resources

Back