Wages/Benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyu27

With the economy in the toilet has anyone had to take benefit cuts? What is current industry standard for insurance, hotels, meals, etc, if there is one?

Why...

...would you take benefit/pay cuts?

...fly 11 hours of flight time in a Duty Period SinglePilot?

...fly 13 hours over a 16hr duty period? (domestic 135 with 4hr 91 repo flight after 9hrs 135)

...fly 2+ hours above 10,000 MSL without oxygen?

...fly pax in a cargo C310 without 100hr annual req's?

...fly 6.5 hr leg at best cruise in a PC12 on 135 leg with 6hr+/- Fuel load?

...fly 14hr+ duty overnight (unshceduled) "Rest" for 9.5hrs and then fly overnight again for another 14hr+ duty day?

100-1/2

Greed

You are no better than the people robbing you of hard earned income and benefits.

If the economy is in the toilet, why are flight crews flying longer hours and violating the regs to line the pockets of the Certificate Holders dispatching these flights?

Fannie and Freedie road the gravy train at full throttle right into the station. If your employer is cutting back on you, how far will your train take you? Right to the flaming crater. Physically, financially or emotionally?

Count the cost? Weight the options? Consider the consequences?

If you stay on board, you accept the consequences? Compromise will eventually leave you on the losing end. 100% of the time.

100-1/2

I don't think he said he took pay or benefit cuts. I think he was asking if there were companies that did and what its like out here now.

The only Benefit cut I've taken is I'm barely flying!!.. We are down 50-60%... too much free time at home. Be careful what you wish for I guess.

Why...

...would you take benefit/pay cuts?

...fly 11 hours of flight time in a Duty Period SinglePilot?

...fly 13 hours over a 16hr duty period? (domestic 135 with 4hr 91 repo flight after 9hrs 135)

...fly 2+ hours above 10,000 MSL without oxygen?

...fly pax in a cargo C310 without 100hr annual req's?

...fly 6.5 hr leg at best cruise in a PC12 on 135 leg with 6hr+/- Fuel load?

...fly 14hr+ duty overnight (unshceduled) "Rest" for 9.5hrs and then fly overnight again for another 14hr+ duty day?

100-1/2

cause Skanza and B19 told ya to....LOLOLOLOL

the only cut I have seen is in crew meals they now come out of our per diem. but per diem was raised to offset. still it hurts. flying is slow.

2 months ago I was worried becuase our company laid off about 30 pilots. Then the flying dropped of about 60-70%. I sat for a week until the dreaded Friday in which we were told that the company no longer existed. Lost a weeks worth of pay or until the court says to pay us.

But these were my benefits...

Health Ins, for family... 4000K deductible per person per calender month then 100% paid after that.

Dental and Eye about the same.

2 weeks vacation

Schedule 14/7

1 personal/sick day

Greed

You are no better than the people robbing you of hard earned income and benefits.

If the economy is in the toilet, why are flight crews flying longer hours and violating the regs to line the pockets of the Certificate Holders dispatching these flights?

I'm not really understanding your two posts but....................flight crews that violate any regs for any charter company are idiots.

2 months ago I was worried becuase our company laid off about 30 pilots. Then the flying dropped of about 60-70%. I sat for a week until the dreaded Friday in which we were told that the company no longer existed. Lost a weeks worth of pay or until the court says to pay us.

But these were my benefits...

Health Ins, for family... 4000K deductible per person per calender month then 100% paid after that.

Dental and Eye about the same.

2 weeks vacation

Schedule 14/7

1 personal/sick day

Jeez, I hope that was a typo. Calender year, maybe?

Hung

Latest resources

Back