• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand why the thread exists. It's one thing to look at airline pay scales, and quite another to extrapolate into how that plays out into no kidding, real world life. Here are my stats for the year. I don't' have a W-2, but pulled my Dec 20th pay statement (last one of the year) to get my total. Here are my stats for 2013:

- 8 Year SWA FO
-- I live in domicile and am pretty senior on the FO list, which means I am able to get
some premium pay?which is time and a half. I do spend a few extra hours on the
computer each month looking to trade or give away trips and pick up better pay.
- Blocked 770 Hours
- Averaged 12.5 work days per month
-- Didn't add it up for precise numbers, but estimate I'm gone from home 6 to 9 days a
month.
- Was able to get every holiday, birthday and every significant event for my three kid's
sports and music activities off. Bottom line: I only worked the days I chose to work.
- Made $205,441 in income. The company put another $19,106 into my 401K, and I'll
will get profit-sharing next September based on how the company ends up doing which
is probably another 6 to 9 thousand dollars. I maxed out my 401K contribution at
$17,500.

Happy New Year All. Fly Safe and Enjoy our chosen profession.
Cheers,
Speed

At your TFP rate of 125.30 you would have to have averaged 136 TFP per month. If you had 12.5 days of work per month it would mean you averaged 10.92 TFP per day. I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Sorry.

At your TFP rate of 125.30 you would have to have averaged 136 TFP per month. If you had 12.5 days of work per month it would mean you averaged 10.92 TFP per day. I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. Sorry.

If he's flying premium (which he said he was), you can easily make 136 TFP per month, while actually working around 95-98 TFP equivalent. There are guys flying enough premium to credit 220-250 and more. I made 180k on 4yr rate, but it was all straight time. Maybe only 10-12 days off per month (my choice), but the retirement and banking account are looking good. The money is there is you want it, so are the days off if that's your bag.

14 year Delta 7ER FO, very junior in category and a commuter, so zero premium pay, and not a whole lot of international pay. Made 148K in flight pay. 9K profit share. 27k company retirement contribution (more than normal 14% because I was targeted under the old NWA plan.) 645 block hours. I was on reserve for about half the year and worked very little. Worked my @ss off the other half of the year.

DC-9-- that's the thing-

When you factor in 3 weeks of Vacation that pay about 50 credits each. 2 sick pulls and lots of premium -- And living in base and being somewhat flexible-- it's more than doable.

9 year FO, in a JR base. 148 TFP average, made all kids events, but did work 4 Saturdays in 2013. 730 Block hours.

You just gotta be a little flexible and adapt to a new paradigm. It's not gonna be given to you the first of the month. Sometimes it's a little uncomfortable seeing your board with 0 credits for the next month-- but if you willing to play, the payoff is nice.

Or you can just fly your line and go home. Or a little bit of both. All up to you.

And call the BS flag all you want, and try and call out folks trying to inform. But you're really only showing that you don't understand how our pay system works.

Along with what Beech has said, I can count on 3 months with a credit of 140+. Two vacation months and my training month. You work hard but get rewarded well. Three months of 140+ is a third of the year right there. Then you add on the third week of vacation at year 5. You get the point.

14 year Delta 7ER FO, very junior in category and a commuter, so zero premium pay, and not a whole lot of international pay. Made 148K in flight pay. 9K profit share. 27k company retirement contribution (more than normal 14% because I was targeted under the old NWA plan.) 645 block hours. I was on reserve for about half the year and worked very little. Worked my @ss off the other half of the year.

So wait, you are junior, but the general hired at the same time is senior and makes more than most SWA CAs as she claims?
As a comparison, what are 14 year SWA peeps seeing?

9th yr SWA FO, 152k not including per diem, profit sharing, retirement, etc. 658hrs. Live in domicile, only really "play the game" in the summer months, and even then only about 120-140 trips. Most wouldn't consider that "playing the game" at all. The rest of the year I'm a completely shameless lazy ass. Like, never, ever qualify for buddy passes kind of lazy ass.

Latest resources

Back