• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B6 3/4th year. 125,000. 900 hours, ~15 days off, living in base. We have a ways to go it appears.

So wait, you are junior, but the general hired at the same time is senior and makes more than most SWA CAs as she claims?
As a comparison, what are 14 year SWA peeps seeing?

I don't know who GL is, but if he was hired at Delta the same month I was hired at NWA, then he is almost 1800 numbers senior to me, which would give him access to much better trips and premium pay. Our senior wide-body FOs can make a whole lot more than I did, especially if they live in base and are available on short notice. Our premium pay is 200%.

So wait, you are junior, but the general hired at the same time is senior and makes more than most SWA CAs as she claims?
As a comparison, what are 14 year SWA peeps seeing?

Notice he said he was FNWA. I was hired well before that, and he said 14 years, which would be about a 99 hire at NWA, blended in with 2001 hires at DL. Big difference in seniority. I tend to get 3 day Europe trips (with an occasional 4 day Rome lately), and the greenslips have been raining down on us lately. A friend of mine in SEA (a 767ER FO) just got a 5 day greenslip that involved deadheading to Tokyo (20 hour layover), flying a ferry flight to Hong Kong, 31 hours later dead heading back to Tokyo, and then a deadhead to SEA. It was worth 32 hours, but as a greenslip it was worth 64 hours, at $155 an hour, for one leg flown. Keep trying Jonny, you still look foolish, though...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I don't know who GL is, but if he was hired at Delta the same month I was hired at NWA, then he is almost 1800 numbers senior to me, which would give him access to much better trips and premium pay. Our senior wide-body FOs can make a whole lot more than I did, especially if they live in base and are available on short notice. Our premium pay is 200%.

1800? Wow, you guys really didn't get treated that well. Sorry to hear that.

1800? Wow, you guys really didn't get treated that well. Sorry to hear that.

Redflyer is lost again.....The 3 arbitrators decided what was fair, not the pilot groups via a CEO...... Sounds like he was scared of a fair award...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Redflyer is lost again.....The 3 arbitrators decided what was fair, not the pilot groups via a CEO...... Sounds like he was scared of a fair award...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I doubt you would have considered it a "fair" award had those 1800 been placed above you though, no matter who decided it.

I doubt you would have considered it a "fair" award had those 1800 been placed above you though, no matter who decided it.

I'm sure he doesn't like it, but when 3 arbitrators listen to testimony, pour over documents, and make a decision that isn't influenced by management, it's probably fair. Nobody but the number one guy is happy with arbitration, but it's done by NEUTRALS.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back