• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W2's 2007

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At straight pay 6th year FO per trip is just under $120 I believe - you get no overrides and not that often any overage. So for 160K/$120 an hour/12 months = 111 trips per month. You say you had 17 days off a month so that's 13.5 working per month = about 8.5 trips per day. Seems very high - am I wrong? Just had dinner with a good friend - 9th year SW CA who said 7 trips per day is VERY GOOD and much higher than that is pretty tough. All the other numbers people post here I believe it just seems like the SW numbers never seem to add up and I only read about these numbers here - talk to anyone in person and they never seem to quite make that much (at least out of my 8-9 SW friends).

I think that your math is not accounting for vacations and a 9 year captain is pretty junior on the captain side, so maybe 7 trips per day seems normal to him but since our rig is 6.5 per day, he isn't flying very productive stuff. I'd guess that 7.5 per day is pretty doable with decent seniority.

Also not sure where SWA guys are getting their W-2 numbers yet, the website still just shows 2005 and 2006 for me.

not quite a 4th year FO.

Regular + JA + Sick + training + vacation = $115,000

I averaged 102 trips per month (inclusive of vacation/sick/training/JA).

would that be the FIT wages? if so, I'm dumber than I look, which is probably pretty dumb. for FIT wages I had 99,000. Which doesn't really make sense to me, are JA/vacation/training/sick pay not taxed?

I guess I wasn't going to call it W2 wages until I see my W2, but if FIT is federal income tax, then I guess my W2 should say 99,000.

SWA

2 months 4th year
10 months 5th year

Basepay - $116,666.45
Sick Pay - $12,415.83
Junior Manned - $1,016.54 (made to fly)
Training - $2,398.25
Per Diem - $5,919.32
401K Match - $10,200.30
Profit Sharing - $9888.82

860 block hours

Slug

Just a couple of other comparison numbers:

Medical Coverage (family of 4) - $630
Vision Coverage - $179.52
Union Dues - $1,395.36
Federal Taxes (total) - $22,392.14 (bastards)
Life Insurance (everyone) - $510.96
LTD - $1,353.51
AD&D - $172.08

Last edited:
Always wonder how these figures are compiled - is this straight pay or + per diem and + profit sharing?

At straight pay 6th year FO per trip is just under $120 I believe - you get no overrides and not that often any overage. So for 160K/$120 an hour/12 months = 111 trips per month. You say you had 17 days off a month so that's 13.5 working per month = about 8.5 trips per day. Seems very high - am I wrong? Just had dinner with a good friend - 9th year SW CA who said 7 trips per day is VERY GOOD and much higher than that is pretty tough. All the other numbers people post here I believe it just seems like the SW numbers never seem to add up and I only read about these numbers here - talk to anyone in person and they never seem to quite make that much (at least out of my 8-9 SW friends).

The missing factor in your calculations is the rock-star seniority that 5-6 yr FOs enjoy here. Allows them to manipulate their schedules to have the best shot at trips that pay time-and-a-half.

7.0 Trips per day is what I consider on the poor end of a good average pay per day. When I try to pick up I am looking for 8.0 TFP per day. I don't VJA much (commuter) so I don't take advantage of the time and a half as much as some.

Slug

The missing factor in your calculations is the rock-star seniority that 5-6 yr FOs enjoy here. Allows them to manipulate their schedules to have the best shot at trips that pay time-and-a-half.

Dude - the 9 year CA was an 7 year FO two years ago - don't you think he has a pretty good idea what a senior FO can do?

143,891.21 3rd year FO for UPS

I flew 182 hours.

74,000 Delta "new contract pay" <--thank you alpa.. I am once again a believer. Sold the claim and got 60 cents on the dollar.... 44,000....

all together.....

187,991.21 for 2007

Not including B fund and 401K or sick buy back... A fund? yeah like we're ever gonna see any of that.... live and learn.

Sad thing is my buddy JUNIOR to me on the MD11 was at 210 for the year just from his earning statement..... d a m n.... I screwed up somewhere, but flying rubber dog sh!t in the middle of the night aint that bad.......

Latest resources

Back