• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VX Rolls Out Water-Bottle Refill Stations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think it over, wavey. USAir pilots could have a much larger rate IF they would just accept the arbitrator's agreement and move on. However, they're willing to pee away a ton of personal cash for their DoH dream.

And, remember, it was all because of a non-Union carrier's low rates that the legacy pilots got screwed in bankruptcy court in the first place.

So don't compare apples to oranges, slick.

Which non union carrier is that? JBlu?
That sounds a lot like excuses- outsourcing didn't start under the banner of BK- that just accelerated it to it's limit.
In case you didn't know- we live in a capitalistic country- and VA is free to pay whatever they want - and their pilots are free to negotiate however they want and accept whatever pay they want.
What I'm saying is that there are a glutton of pilots with thousands of hours of jet/glass/fms/PIC time for whom VA and Jblu before is a legitimate step up bc of the outsourcing major airline pilots allow.
Legacy pilots have to look in the mirror on this one.
Funny though how insecure and angry legacy guys get when faced with competition, while swa just smiles and says bring it on.

Of course outsourcing is the problem. And if we had a time machine perhaps we could fix it. The problem today is the number of young pilots whose entitlement mentality coupled a lack of backbone has created a labor pool that VX can exploit.

And those who accept employment with the VXs of the world are an anchor around the neck of the profession. You're lucky (so far) to be insulated from the problem at SWA.

Move this crap over to the regional section.

Sounds a lot like a water fountain... How innovative!

Yup, either a LCC thread or a "Airline that pays their labor absolute crap" section.

Water Fountains have been around for centuries. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Which non union carrier is that? JBlu?
That sounds a lot like excuses- outsourcing didn't start under the banner of BK- that just accelerated it to it's limit.
In case you didn't know- we live in a capitalistic country- and VA is free to pay whatever they want - and their pilots are free to negotiate however they want and accept whatever pay they want.
What I'm saying is that there are a glutton of pilots with thousands of hours of jet/glass/fms/PIC time for whom VA and Jblu before is a legitimate step up bc of the outsourcing major airline pilots allow.
Legacy pilots have to look in the mirror on this one.
Funny though how insecure and angry legacy guys get when faced with competition, while swa just smiles and says bring it on.

Wave, you will talk until you are blue in the face....FUBI doesn't want to look in the mirror, otherwise he would see that he is just a normal guy doing the same job we all are and not some "Captain America" saving the industry. Unfortunately or fortunately, ALPA is in big trouble with this TWA deal and look at all the Legacies that are now thinking about going with their own unions. I think it is quite funny myself, I would LOVE to see ALPA implode. They have become just a business and could care less about their card carrying members.

I would LOVE to see ALPA implode. They have become just a business and could care less about their card carrying members.
No truer words have been spoken. They have lost their focus on who and what is important. Im all for a union, so long as the union managing members dont have their pockets lined with airline managements cash.....or are seen golfing with airline management. True story.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back