Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=&quot]Hello VX Captains & First Officers -[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have reached critical coverage levels on [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TUESDAY (JUNE 4TH)[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and need your help to avoid cancellations and stranded guests. CSS is offering [/FONT][FONT=&quot]PREMIUM[/FONT][FONT=&quot] PAY[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (as of this email) to any right seat qualified Captains or First Officer that can assist by covering any open pairings that are currently in open time pot or may become available originating [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TUESDAY[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (June 4th).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you are able to help please call or email CSS ASAP. All requests will be processed first-come, first-serve and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]premium[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pay will apply to a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]straight pick-up only[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. You may also log onto FLICA and pick up from the open time pot. If you elect to use the FLICA method please be sure to email CSS so we can apply the correct [/FONT][FONT=&quot]premium[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pay coding.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]VOLUNTARY AVAILABILITY: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
As per the Pilot Rule Book, Chapter 6, E.5: Effective June 1st, 2012, the pilot will receive the greater of scheduled or actual block time flown to which he is assigned while on WTF. Per the Pilot Rule Book, Chapter 11, B.5.a.iii, if a Company sends out an email offering premium pay for pairings on days with low reserve coverage, premium pay will be subject to the terms described in the email. CSS considers any trip assignment voluntary (WTF) when solicited for premium pay on a pilots day off, and premium pay will be per Chapter 6, E.5 whenever an email offers premium pay for pairings on days with low reserve coverage.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you in advance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CSS Team Lead[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

You said enjoy 9E RJ girl to 1.3xVso. I said "didn't you?" implying that you were too at one point.

Wow, you're a little "thick" aren't ya. I said enjoy. I never "enjoyed" anything about pinnacle. Some good people, many not so much.

I love when VX newbies spout sunshine about the company. I've seen 5 sea changes in the 5 years I've been here. Management always waxes on about their latest great strategy, and though my last three trips have been 100% full, who knows? Nearly everyone here settles down and accepts the fact that we are just line pilots, no better or worse than any other. Don't hang us as a group. As for the Spirit vs Virgin debate, we'd ALL be better off at a legacy.

This guy's got it right.
As far as leaving for a legacy it all depends on ones age and seniority, among other things.

Midwest Express was a perennial number one rated airline............in the end it didn't matter one bit. It's all about the cheap airfare.

Midwest Express was a perennial number one rated airline............in the end it didn't matter one bit. It's all about the cheap airfare.

I love the blanket statement about every single American just looking at price. Then why is there even first class passengers? Why is anyone even flying on any other airline than Spirit? I agree there is a large segment of the United States population that shops based on price, but please, give the blanket statements a break. There are passengers that shop based on price, there are passengers that shop based on departure times and non-stop service, and there are passengers that shop based on the experience they have had previously on airlines. This is one of the reasons Virgin America switched their philosophy to business people. They are higher yield and are more loyal based on the experience they have had. It is unfortunate it took so long to come to this realization. This is also the reason Virgin America is becoming more successful. I would say, in general, Californian business folks are willing to pay a little more for an experience and higher quality product (notice I say a little more). I said it earlier in this thread. There is room for Spirit, Virgin America, and other airlines in this industry.

The problem with the VX model is whenever there's a hiccup in the economy or oil prices rise a new crisis happens as business travelers cut back on their travel and in person meetings.

The NK model makes money regardless of each. People who wouldn't normally travel by air will fly on NK for price and families who can't or won't pay for the frills will fly NK in order to afford a family vacation. It's been proven and will continue to expand.

The problem with the VX model is whenever there's a hiccup in the economy or oil prices rise a new crisis happens as business travelers cut back on their travel and in person meetings.

The NK model makes money regardless of each. People who wouldn't normally travel by air will fly on NK for price and families who can't or won't pay for the frills will fly NK in order to afford a family vacation. It's been proven and will continue to expand.

If you are referring to the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression as a hiccup, then yes, every time the economy hiccups we will probably be in trouble. How does oil prices effect business travel? We have a new contract with IBM. Before booking travel, will the IBM businessman check oil prices before booking their ticket? Holy crap, VX is paying over $3 per gallon, I better stay home and telecommute!! Also, our new routes are making oil prices much less volatile for us. We used to be much more susceptible to oil, but adding shorter routes is evening it out a bit.

You are probably right about Spirit. Everyone knows the Spirit model makes money. :beer: Not every airline could or should be the same model though, right (see my post above)?

No sure what writing you speak of from a couple years ago because we are still here. I don't need management propoganda. Every survey/ranking we are involved in we are at the top. Maybe the strategy will fail. We will see.

Didn't Midwest express have the highest ratings as well?

Latest resources

Back