• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Volcanic Ash Closes Down Air Traffic in North Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In related news: US Congress is expected to bring about legislation that calls for taxation of airlines if volcanic activity causes extended delays or cancellations.

You guys are obsessed - do you think about taxes while having sex too?

It's not apathy- I'm just curious how you think a conservative administration can run our economy off a cliff and not see spending to keep our economic engine going?

You would all have much more credibility if you listened to the left back in 2004- borrowing money from china to fund a marginally popular war isn't financially responsible.

There's just no way to spin it.

As for the founding fathers comment- the GOP has no exclusive claims on those ideas. Don't forget that. I very much believe in the constitution and the founding principles of this country.

It's not apathy- I'm just curious how you think a conservative administration can run our economy off a cliff and not see spending to keep our economic engine going?
How would you know what I think? I never said anything about a "conservative administration" so I'm not sure how you could know what I "think".

You would all have much more credibility if you listened to the left back in 2004- borrowing money from china to fund a marginally popular war isn't financially responsible.
Who is "you all"? Are you making the case that if we weren't in Iraq our economy would be fine? Are you assuming that I support the war in Iraq? Who on the left should I have listened to? You sure make alot of assumptions based upon my opinion of taxes. It's really troubling that so many people assume that if you oppose X, it must mean you support Y.

There's just no way to spin it.
Spin what? All your assumptions?

As for the founding fathers comment- the GOP has no exclusive claims on those ideas. Don't forget that. I very much believe in the constitution and the founding principles of this country.
Where did I say anything about the GOP? Again, you make the assumption that I MUST have X position because of Y opinion. I have no doubt about your beliefs in the founding priciples as I don't know you, and I don't make broad assumptions.

I did- you're right.

BUT- the point is that the people in power now didn't take a balanced budget and put the country in debt, didn't deregulate the banks causing massive consolidation and fraud, or start the wars we are in. With the country in the financial position it's in- why are you complaining about too many taxes- the responsible thing would be to complain about too little taxes- we all need to work hard, save, consume, AND pay down the debt. Nice- but I'm up for it. It's what I've known for a long time- the Greatest generation gave birth to the most selfish- and my generation will just have to suck it up- stay off the couch and pay for the self-entitled boomers...

I did- you're right.

BUT- the point is that the people in power now didn't take a balanced budget and put the country in debt, didn't deregulate the banks causing massive consolidation and fraud, or start the wars we are in. With the country in the financial position it's in- why are you complaining about too many taxes- the responsible thing would be to complain about too little taxes- we all need to work hard, save, consume, AND pay down the debt. Nice- but I'm up for it. It's what I've known for a long time- the Greatest generation gave birth to the most selfish- and my generation will just have to suck it up- stay off the couch and pay for the self-entitled boomers...

Why is it that so many people think of things as either black or white...republican or democract. You sure are drawing a lot of conclusions based on one statement he made about not liking taxes in a response to a thread not even about taxes.

I for one am neither...both parties cause an equal amount of distress. As someone who has always taken my responsibility to vote very seriously from a very young age, I was literally nauseated in the voting booth this last year because I could not decide if I would rather vote for A. an increase in the welfare state B. An increase in the state of hatred and war in this country not to mention a candiate who thinks it is a good idea to let Sarah Palin be one heartbeat away from being president...or C. throw my vote in the trash can with a vote for a 3rd party candidate.

If the democracts and the Republicans keep playing to their bases as they have been, we are very close to seeing a rise of a 3rd party in this country. (and I don't think it's going to be the tea party)

I would be very ashamed to run into one of the founding fathers in heaven right now. They overthrew the preeminate world power. TAX OUR TEA...that's the LAST straw. Our government has admited to monitoring our communications, electronically strip searching us at random, and forcefully removing us from the country in an effort to get us away from the protection of the Constitution....and all we do is eagerly anticipate the release of the 3G version of the ipad. Shameful.

All good points. But I didn't bring up the subject of taxes.

Noone likes taxes. I don't "like" any of my bills. But if you're in debt- you ought to pay off that debt as smartly as possible. I just think the tea parties showing up now is both irresponsible and hypocritical.

Latest resources

Back