Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AerroMatt said:
Flybet,

My employer donates use of my flight dept to several ministries, and I thoroughly enjoy taking the ministers and their guests/family wherever they are going! It is a refreshing break from the hassles of my usual trips. I am often invited to attend their retreats, and I have met many wonderful people at them.

Your employer sounds like a class act. Serioulsy.

AerroMatt said:
Flybet,

Good luck to you on your endeavor. I hope it works out.

Nevermind all the flamers, they're just jerking your chain. Bottom line is you can provide a service (travel) which is required by these ministries. A preacher's time is just as valuable as a businessman's, and we are in the time business when all is said and done.

My employer donates use of my flight dept to several ministries, and I thoroughly enjoy taking the ministers and their guests/family wherever they are going! It is a refreshing break from the hassles of my usual trips. I am often invited to attend their retreats, and I have met many wonderful people at them.

That aside, I think it never hurts to be on the good side of a man who's closer to god than I am. :D When my time comes, I'll appreciate an advocate for me at the gates. Hehe.

Thank you very much, your words are very wise and true. I know the pastor of who I might fly for, I know him very well. The guy is out there doing something good, not only him but his whole family. I can see my self working for the guy and his ministrie. There's alot I could learn from the guy, and like you said...we're going to need and advocate hehehe.

G100driver said:
When it comes to tithing here is what I always do.

I take 20% of my annual income throw it up in the air, and whatever god can catch, he can keep, no questions asked.

be gone children of the corn...

G100driver said:
Your employer sounds like a class act. Serioulsy.

You really think you're hot stuff don't ya? :rolleyes:

doosh

G100driver said:
yep ... sucker!

Oooooh yeah...

bite my shiny metal ass!

Last edited:
I am sorry that you are so thin skinned.

At the end of the day it is all about what you feel comfortable with. I would just have a hard time with a guy who taking money from little old ladies who are thinking that they are giving it to god when in reality pastor Billy Bob is using it to purchase a jet. But hey that is just me. No need to respond to that either. No matter what Bible verse you use, your boss is still full of $hit and I do not even know him.

People who take vows to serve have no business owing their own jets. I would be more impressed if he took the money and fed the poor or provide housing for those that cannot afford it. Ya, know that other good organization, Habitat for Humanity.

AeroMatt's boss is a class act. He is giving back to the community that made him what he is. Not using the bible to make money off people's fears.

Good luck with the VLJ ....

PS next do not give out so much info on this board. Keep a-holes like me from shooting you up full o' holes.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
People who take vows to serve have no business owing their own jets. I would be more impressed if he took the money and fed the poor or provide housing for those that cannot afford it. Ya, know that other good organization, Habitat for Humanity.

AeroMatt's boss is a class act. He is giving back to the community that made him what he is. Not using the bible to make money off people's fears.

Good luck with the VLJ ....

PS next do not give out so much info on this board. Keep a-holes like me from shooting you up full o' holes.

Well sounds like you had some kind of preist feel you up or something. Secondly my friend, you are generelizing...what makes you think he doesn't take care of many many people? I know by personal experience of how this guy has given up 2 months salary to help others (no lie) I agree with you in the fact that there are some "ministers" that make a business out of religion or sell their "holy water" for $19.99. But the point is, those people will have their day. Also, you keep point out as if the Pastor is going to get a jet to go back and forth to his beach house, or playboy mansion. I said this is for the minsitrie, which includes many churches in the U.S, Mexico and Latin America. These are ministries that are helping people find work, building schools, helping single moms. How do I know this? b/c I've been in the accounting department, and I have seen where Tithes and offerings go.
Oh yeah, Old lady? you're like the media, trying to make things seem as ugly and dramatic as possible.

Also, yeah you can be an a$$hole behind a computer my friend, I wouldnt recommend it face to face. You're probably one of those guys that talks trash, gets his ass kicked and then sues like a chicken s**t.

Thanks for the wishes, let's get together and have a beer. i'm sure we'll have a good laugh, hit on a old lady or two. And ask them how much money they have :D

Flybet3 said:
Thanks for the wishes, let's get together and have a beer. i'm sure we'll have a good laugh, hit on a old lady or two. And ask them how much money they have :D

Sure thing. If you ever end up in the heathan part of the country I would be gald to purchase you a beer. :beer:

Latest resources

Back