VLJ Chief pilot pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
onthebeach said:
The question I have is this: What kind of ministry employs a pilot that curses and uses vulgar pop culture taglines to represent himself to the world on a website such as this?

Jesus said, "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? forout of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

Did I say I was going to go preach? or minister people? so all the sudden you know me? The fact is I asked about salaries and I get bull about ministries having jets and how wrong it looks. I tell you what, you can kiss my a$$ too, if you have no input to the original question I asked and all you give me is crap. Then you are an A$$HOLE. Oh I am sorry BUTHOLE. Oh no, wait...poo poo face. Is that better for ya? :rolleyes:

Oh boy... here we go!!!

WOW, Talk about some very "unscriptual" use of the Word.

1) The "tithe" is an old testiment requirement - given unto the Levites (ie not todays "ministers") If you want to GIVE - Give onto God (and others) in a joyful way - NEVER as a requirement - AND it's definately not a % (read percentage) of your income.... this is called an OFFERING - and it's holy.

2) Out of the aboundance of the Heart the Mouth speaks.... I'll leave it at that.

3) "Church" is where 2 or more are gathered in "His Name" it's NEVER a building that we go to... However, we should not forsake the gathering of the assembly - ie we all come together in fellowship - and this is holy.

Sorry to be soo harsh - but we all have been subjected to some very bad teaching concerning the bible - we all need to be bereans...

PAA744 said:
WOW, Talk about some very "unscriptual" use of the Word.

1) The "tithe" is an old testiment requirement - given unto the Levites (ie not todays "ministers") If you want to GIVE - Give onto God (and others) in a joyful way - NEVER as a requirement - AND it's definately not a % (read percentage) of your income.... this is called an OFFERING - and it's holy.

2) Out of the aboundance of the Heart the Mouth speaks.... I'll leave it at that.

3) "Church" is where 2 or more are gathered in "His Name" it's NEVER a building that we go to... However, we should not forsake the gathering of the assembly - ie we all come together in fellowship - and this is holy.

Sorry to be soo harsh - but we all have been subjected to some very bad teaching concerning the bible - we all need to be bereans...

Thanks for the teaching...so 60K sounds good for ya?

PAA744 said:

Well then the Ten Commandments were old testiment laws given unto the Israelites (not today's people).

I always give a tithe (which by definition is 10%). An offering is anything above 10%.

I have no problem giving back to God what he gave me in the first place. And what he'll turn around and give it right back to me.

Wheather you think its required or not, is between you and God. I belive its required.

paulsalem said:
Well then the Ten Commandments were old testiment laws given unto the Israelites (not today's people).

I always give a tithe (which by definition is 10%). An offering is anything above 10%.

I have no problem giving back to God what he gave me in the first place. And what he'll turn around and give it right back to me.

Wheather you think its required or not, is between you and God. I belive its required.

Well said. Alot of people get rapped around numbers, do you really think God needs your money?!?!?! He doesnt care about the money, it's your intentions he cares about. You can give 90% but if you're doing it for all the wrong reasons, then it's just as bad as if you were stealing from him. Oh yeah, and tithing is mentioned in the new testament. Remember that couple in the book of Acts that dies b/c they decided to steal from their tithes and offerings. Back me up Paulsalem

The real question is why wouldn't you tithe or give offerings.

If I held a $100 bill in my hand and said, if you give me $10 I will give you $100, how many of you would take me up on my offer. Obviously everyone in here would, and rightfully so.

God is doing the same thing, so why not take him up on His offer?

Luke 6:
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

That's just one of many.

Last edited:
consider this

The tithe is an Old testiment REQUIREMENT...

Factly the only time the "tithe" is used in the New testiment is in a rebuke against the Pharisees (see Mathew 23:23 and Luke 11:42)...

We all have been VERY POORLY tought - about this subject.

Firstly, the tithe (in the OLd testiment - it's one testiment to me) was a requirement for the Levites - in that the Levites were not given any land inheretance, as the other tribes were given. As such, the Levites were to care for the things of the tabernacle - and thus other tribes were REQUIRED to provide for the Levites with the tithe.

There is NO SUCH thing about the "tithe" in the New Testiment. The notion that we are to give 10% of this or 10% of that IS VERY BAD TEACHING - actually it is hypocracy to list the tithe as a requirement concerning the New Testiment. It is all God's 100% (net, gross, profit, prophet, whatever)

In the New testiment - Jesus came to FULFILL the law - not do away with the law... In the Old testiment there were 10 commandment, in the New testiment there are 2 - Love God, Love your neighbor - it really is that SIMPLE.

My concern is when I see the Word of God presented in an incorrect manner - Sorry to hijack this thread.

Flybet,

Good luck to you on your endeavor. I hope it works out.

Nevermind all the flamers, they're just jerking your chain. Bottom line is you can provide a service (travel) which is required by these ministries. A preacher's time is just as valuable as a businessman's, and we are in the time business when all is said and done.

My employer donates use of my flight dept to several ministries, and I thoroughly enjoy taking the ministers and their guests/family wherever they are going! It is a refreshing break from the hassles of my usual trips. I am often invited to attend their retreats, and I have met many wonderful people at them.

That aside, I think it never hurts to be on the good side of a man who's closer to god than I am. :D When my time comes, I'll appreciate an advocate for me at the gates. Hehe.

When it comes to tithing here is what I always do.

I take 20% of my annual income throw it up in the air, and whatever god can catch, he can keep, no questions asked.

Latest resources

Back