Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Viva Mexico, check this out whataburger...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not Heavy Set or GL...but I do have one thing in common with those retards. Like them, I am capable of flying international. That's probably not a big selling point with the SWA croud though. They don't look like they'll be crossing any boarders any time soon.

TZ,
Sorry, guess I haven't had a LBB in awhile.
Hope you're not so tense in the airplane.
So you think with the economy in the tank, this is a great time to "start making money" on Mexico vacation routes...I don't. I think we'll make more, at less risk in MSP after Feb.
Chill...and many MDW crews for you...

Maybe TC is the SWA/FO?

Why didn't everyone have a cow when we codeshared with ATA...HK was still at the helm then. Codeshared for the same reasons...we make $$ on routes we cannot now fly.

waitin. You're either NOT a WN pilot or you are so new you have no idea what you are talking about. Herb was long gone when the ATA MDW codeshare for gates was here. So was JP. And I'm not "everyone" but I was screaming from the rafters on that deal as well.

See if I can clear it up. If you buy a ticket from Southwest Airlines you need to be flown by Southwest Airines pilots on Southwest Airlines jets. Capiche? Anything less is outsourcing our careers.

Gup

waitin. You're either NOT a WN pilot or you are so new you have no idea what you are talking about. Herb was long gone when the ATA MDW codeshare for gates was here. So was JP. And I'm not "everyone" but I was screaming from the rafters on that deal as well.

See if I can clear it up. If you buy a ticket from Southwest Airlines you need to be flown by Southwest Airines pilots on Southwest Airlines jets. Capiche? Anything less is outsourcing our careers.

Gup

Dude,
Judging by my date on FI, which is close to my SWA hire date (a little earlier than SWA hire), I'd say I'm senior to you. Herb STILL works for the company, and unless they have him tied up in a closet, he's not going to let anyone kill his "baby." GK took CEO in 04, but you don't think Herb had any input into the ATA codeshare decision in what, 06??
I'm out of this discussion because I'm repeating myself, but I don't think we'd make money doing those routes, so I'm glad we don't. We can always look into them after we've maximized our routes that we KNOW will make money. We ARE still making a profit following this business model...right? Growth will come in MSP and after the economy recovers a bit...65 hurt us (especially you and me FOs) worse (growth-wise) than some minor Mexico codeshare will..and we will make money off the codeshare.
Anyway, like I said, I'm repeating myself, so I am out...feel free to solve all the world's problems amonst yourselves...I do have an AMA next month, but still no LBB...have to work on that.

No worries bro but before you go annointing Gary as the Massiah I'd check your email from SWAPA. You're not going to like what you read.

And it's Captain Gup to you. I was hired a long time before I ever heard of Flight Info.

A VERY concerned Gup

Sorry for the unintentional demotion there Capt Gup...I read the SWAPA email, and I would love to see the language as well (don't want to see anyone else flying PHX-SMF).
Here's to tailwinds, MDW crews, and hoping that this relaxed FO is right, eh?
Fly safe...

BTW, did you see this?

And now I'm REALLY out...
waitin'

Delta’s Cincinnati Flight-Cut Plan: How do You Define Hub?

Posted by Matt Phillips
The Cincinnati Enquirer had a story this morning on Delta’s planned cuts at the region’s main airport. Here are the key chunks:
Delta Air Lines plans to cut 12 percent of its flying out of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport in January, but says it is restructuring the hub here to make it more profitable and therefore sustainable though at least next year.
Glen Hauenstein, Delta’s executive vice president charged with meshing Delta’s network with that of its new merger acquisition Northwest Airlines, said in an interview that the airline is committed to keeping a hub here through at least 2009.
“We really wanted to keep the hub there because of its location, layout and the great facilities, but it took us awhile to figure out how to do it,” Hauenstein said. “So Delta is now reaffirming its commitment to the Cincinnati hub through the summer season of next year and then we’ll take another barometer reading on how the economy is doing.
“This is the foundation to build upon, and I think the biggest (profit) improvement in all of Delta next year is going to be Cincinnati.”
The new plan calls for ending service to only one city and trimming about 40 flights a day at CVG. The 263 flights remaining flights, however, will be bunched more closely together as the airline synchronizes its schedules among its other six hubs nationally.
Delta’s decision to trim the number of flights at Cincinnati will likely result in higher fares at the airport, which — as we’ve written about before — are some of the nation’s highest, on average. But beyond that, the move to cut capacity also sheds some light on how Delta’s merger with Northwest might affect established hub-and-spoke operations at the formerly separate carriers. Delta officials have said they won’t close hubs after the integration with Northwest. But as the Enquirer’s story makes clear, that doesn’t preclude Delta from making changes to its current network.
Also, it’s worth noting that “hub” is largely a term of art used by the carriers to describe their own operations. There isn’t really a hard-and-fast definition of “hub” based on the number of flights into or out of an airport, or other objective metrics.
Photo: Getty Images

Really we have what.... 40,000 employees, how many have posted on that blog 10-20 mind you all with no names. We want a pay raise, we want a bigger 401k match we want we want we want, How do you think they are going to fund all of our wants. Time and time again they have treated us well and time and time again we complain. I just spoke to a union rep yesterday who said the BOD is verry happy with the current scope and code share language that we have, so how about you take a deep breath and just RELAX.
:laugh:

Hey dude, get your nose out of managements but!
Although I bet with the taste of koolaid it makes it pretty good!:laugh:

TZ,
Sorry, guess I haven't had a LBB in awhile.
Hope you're not so tense in the airplane.
So you think with the economy in the tank, this is a great time to "start making money" on Mexico vacation routes...I don't. I think we'll make more, at less risk in MSP after Feb.
Chill...and many MDW crews for you...

Maybe TC is the SWA/FO?

Of course you don't make money on the Mexican vacation routes. You do however make money on the routes to the major business cities like MC, Guadalajara, Monterey, etc. The cargo alone to those places can be enough to pay for the flight sometimes. Are you really this clueless?

Latest resources

Back