Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Viva Mexico, check this out whataburger...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man that was powerful stuff...I wonder if Gary will look up from his numbercrunching long enough to see the crumbling of trust and the potential downward spiral. I know he is no Herb, but I expected better than this.

Bravo's right...we've got plenty of expansion room where we KNOW we can make $$. This way we get some $$ from codeshare and we are still able to grow in MSP, etc...
Last year they said flat growth too, remember? 300 new hires ago...
relax

Like lambs to the slaughter.

Expansion? You do know there is a 6% reduction in January don't you? And we deferred over 1/2 of our 2009 deliveries. That aint growth boys.

Gup

Herb faced tougher challenges than we face right now and Herb never outsourced jobs. The crappy part of this is that Volaris doesn't even fly to the US now so we are not gaining ANY "expertise" here. Our growth now is stagnant...we are overmanned in fact and yields were up almost 15% year over year. This is not the SWA of old...Gary is not the entrepreneur Herb was and does not like to take risks. Guess what...any time you grow you take risks that the growth you bought will make your airline more profitable. The problem is that the wonderful goodwill it has with its employees is an integral part of its success. Without growth and seniority progression among all the labor groups, there will not be goodwill and we will become like any other airline. It wasn't that long ago that Delta was the up and comer who had never furloughed and whose employees bought the company a 767. How much longer til SWA becomes like Delta is now? Time will tell my friends...

Bottom line. I'm not quitting so I can voice my opinion and hope Mr. Kelly hears several thousand voices and rethinks this. Or better yet rallies the troops with explanations and timelines.

The only way I'd be happy with these codeshares is if the company agrees to timelines and insertion of WN planes and crews if loadfactors show stability. These partners should be growth projectors, not growth replacers.

Anyhoo. I've said my peace and I'm out. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

Gup

Mr. Kelly isn't going to "rethink" d!ck. This is a done deal, and all your big talk won't do a thing about it. You had better hope that he doesn't figure out that a 6% cut in flying would make more sense with some furloughs. My buddy has been saying that the company is pretty close to letting some folks go.

I don't know where that TC guy comes from..pretty easy to ignore though. I'm thinking he's an imposter, just can't figure out who.

Why didn't everyone have a cow when we codeshared with ATA...HK was still at the helm then. Codeshared for the same reasons...we make $$ on routes we cannot now fly. I don't see the difference...SWA was also predicting "flat growth" then for 2008, but it didn't happen!?

I'm with Gup, nothing I can do about it, but personally I'm not worried. Still got all those great LUB overnights to look forward to, right?

I don't know where that TC guy comes from..pretty easy to ignore though. I'm thinking he's an imposter, just can't figure out who.

Why didn't everyone have a cow when we codeshared with ATA...HK was still at the helm then. Codeshared for the same reasons...we make $$ on routes we cannot now fly. I don't see the difference...SWA was also predicting "flat growth" then for 2008, but it didn't happen!?

I'm with Gup, nothing I can do about it, but personally I'm not worried. Still got all those great LUB overnights to look forward to, right?

Tanker Clown = General Lee = Heavy Set + others

Let me spell this out for you...lots of us did not have a cow over ATA because most of what they flew under our code was to Hawaii using overwater ETOPS aircraft. Their planes and crews had the certs necessary to do this flying we did not. It would have cost a whole lotta money to get those certifications not to mention add the extra required overwater equipment, train the crews, etc.

This codeshare to Canada and Mexico is a whole different story as the extra requirements to do this flying are minimal. A codeshare point to point within Canada or Mexico obviously makes sense since we would not be granted authority to do that flying by those respective governments anyway. What is the big problem here is that Gary apparently wants to turn over all transborder flying to other airlines at the expense of our growth.

Lastly, Lubbock is LBB not LUB. How could you not know that?

Let me add to that list

TC = Heavy Set = General Lee = and probably you as well

Latest resources

Back