• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Viva Le France!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was really hoping to see more French bashing but I guess I'll live with where the thread has gone. Though, if anyone wants to engage in a real debate about the usefulness and legitimacy of the Republic of France, I am willing. I would take the negative side.

350, I would be interested in discussing your factual evidence. We know that Iraq has thousands of litres of toxins that they have not accounted for. We know from defected weapons scientists that Iraq has mobile weapons labs. We know that as recently as 1998 there were still unaccounted for chem and bio weapons delivery sources.

We know that as recently as Hans Blix's last presentation to the Security Council, there were spray equipped drone aircraft with ranges that exceeded UN guidelines making them illegal, notwithstanding the fact that they are already illegal due to being a WMD delivery platform.

Furthermore, 1441 shifted the burden of proof onto Iraq. Iraq continued to be less than forthcoming, even by Blix's very high (you may notice a small amount of sarcasm at this point) standards.

Now let's think for a minute. In spite of Iraq's continued obfuscation and resistance during the last round of inspections going through 1998 and our CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE that at that time he had weapons labs and unaccounted for chem and bio weapons agents and delivery mechanisms, are you REALLY telling me that you think Iraq does NOT continue to possess these illegal weapons of mass destruction? Are you asking me to believe that Iraq REALLY DID destroy the things that WE KNOW HE HAD?

Please don't tell me this is propaganda. All of the things I have said above are known.

So what was he doing for all that time after 1998? It defies comprehension to say that he destroyed these weapons of mass destructions. I don't believe he did.

Now let's go back to 1998 for a minute. At that time, the Clinton administration was saying somewhat openly that we would be within our rights to use military force. This is on record.

If it was true then, then it remains true today. In fact, I would argue that it is even more legitimate now since 1441:
1) found Iraq in Material Breach
2) Shifted the burden of proof onto Iraq, and
3) was agreed to unanimously.

This is boring. What I really want to bash the French. Would anyone like to defend them so I can debate it with you????

Any takers?????

350DRIVER said:
Democrat or Republican, I would hope the "next" winner can atleast-0 win the popular vote.:D :D :cool:

just a tad embarrasing eghh:cool:

3 5 0

I don't think you need to worry about that one though. !! !!

Learn how we elect our President......................it's called the Electoral College. The popular vote doesn't count one bit.

Embarrassing would be having Gore as our President:eek:

AF:D

350DRIVER said:
..........that is WHY we have such an overwhelming and incredible support group from everyone in the international community and everyone is on our side. My bad..

-get real and wake up

3 5 0

ps> the popular vote went to who last election:D (laughing rather hard)

Oh I guess having 40 plus countries on our side isn't enough for ya? And who's against us? How many? I can't HEAR YOU!!!!!

AF:D

350 Driver-

We have 45 countries on Bush's side. Including Arab several ones.

We have a bigger coalition than we did fir the first gulf war. The Canadian P.M. has been very busy getting the anti-US rhetoric toned down. You have already lost. 2004 belongs to the conservatives. It is extremely entertaining to watch you flail in impotent rage about the coming elections. Reminds me of the scene at the end of "The Bad News Bears".

"And another thing... Just wait till next year!"

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Blow me ya cheese eating surrender monkeys!

We have 45 countries on Bush's side. Including Arab several ones.

I don't recall that in any of my replies that I disputed "who" we had on our side... I think instead I mentioned that we did NOT have UN support, France, Germany, Canada, and others.... I can only hope that this is a quick war and very few Americans will be lost. My thoughts and prayers our with these troops and I will no longer post in any way, shape, or form "against" this war since lives are at stake and these troops need the support whether it be directly or indirectly. I have my "opinions" and you have your "opinions", I respect everyone that has posted in response to my replies BUT when lives are at stake I don't think we need to "argue" about something that we cannot control... I will continue to hope and pray that all goes as planned and we will be able to bring most troops back so they can be with their families.

3 5 0

Predictable outcome!

350, Surplus, House (I think that's it?) your rhetoric is predictable. When you started your debates, I was intrigued. Then, when things got rough, you attacked Bush and stated he was the problem. Well, now we know the true story. You are just liberals stating a standard jargon that a cult would do when self douted. You are absolutely anti conservative and any thing that the current administration does will be wrong, period. 350, you state that "millions of Americans are against this war" may be correct, but you fail to state the hundred of millions that are for (70+% for).
You guys find every excuse to find the current administration at fault for everything that has gone (perceptibly) wrong. You fail to realize that individuals around you at almost 4-1 are against your agenda. You label us all as suffering from "ignorance is bliss". Can't imagine why the three of you are so informed and the rest of us are so stupid. I will humbley try to figure that one out.

Surplus, you are one of the most intelligent and articulate individuals I have ever seen on any message board. I was very much influinced by your debates concerning the RJDC and other topics. But your comments about GW and the staff (you have every right to do so), I feel, were uncalled for. You have stated the standard rhetoric that the liberals state regardles of what is right or wrong. That tells me you are definitely pure and simple, against conservatives and you have a personal agenda. Yes I know you state you are in the middle and are not against any political entity, but your statments are proof. I just want you to know that the way you can master a subject and manipulate it to your intent is admirable. But! this also tells me that you are a pro at "spin!" and I feel that I have been duped. Please understand that I could care less of your political affiliation (or you of mine), but it should NOT be incorporated into your debates. You Sir (I thought) were well above that! I know you won't give up your campaign (not talking of the RJDC), but please keep out the politics to substanciate your points.

P.S. No hard feelings against anyone! Great debate, and keep it up! Thanks, Tim. (yes, I am well aware of the fact that I can't spell!):p

Tim,

I have only stated my "opinions" and those have come under heavy attack which I completely accept. I am not here to make friends, just to follow aviation debates and "attempt" to post when someone asks a question or asks for advice and I have something to offer, nothing more or nothing less. I "learn" more from this board than anything else, I have only been on this face of the earth for a little over 24 years so I do not in any way "try" to know more than anyone else. I "respect" everyone's opinions and I try to put things into perspective and every once in awhile I enjoy a good debate pertaining to aviation related material NOT politics. You are entitled to your opinions and feelings and I think I deserve that same right as well as House and Surplus whether you agree or disagree with what we have to say.. It is nothing more than"free speech".... Personal attacks are a cheap way of responding out of sheer frustration.

War is underway which I completely accept, I do not however have to "agree" with "how" it was started and under the circumstances surrounding the situation present day. Instead of continuing a pointless debate which is going no where why not attempt to "support" the troops that are currently risking their lives right now so we can enjoy the very freedom that we have day in and day out.??

I think it is safe to make one or two assumptions. 1) We all support our troops. 2) We all want them to return alive. 3) We are proud to be Americans. 4) We all are proud of what this nation stands for. I guess we agree on some things.

c h e e r s

3 5 0

Agreed

I think it is safe to make one or two assumptions. 1) We all support our troops. 2) We all want them to return alive. 3) We are proud to be Americans. 4) We all are proud of what this nation stands for. I guess we agree on some things.

Thanks for the support!;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back