Visual Approach Procedure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
Most controllers at my home airport know my voice so they figure if I'm within 3 miles either side of the airport on a visual, I'm having a good day... And so are they! :D TC

Indy approach never had a problem with it going in to BAK... We must have been dealing with the same set of controllers... :D

Last edited:
h25b said:
Indy approach never had a problem with it going in to BAK... We must have been dealing with the same set of controllers... :D

I can see what you're saying... I do the exact same thing everytime in the Gulfstream and Lear, you have to get your self set up on a good base let in a Jet....there's no way in HELL you can go directly to the airport without setting up a nice 5 or so mile base and think that you wont hit something on the ground. What you did is right, and there's nothing wrong with it....I think the controller wasnt paying attention. The only thing I have to say is that if you know you're right and you've done it before then why complicate your life over it? I've had controllers get on my nerves many times before but I just let it go and didint make a big deal of it...you need to take a breath, chill and learn how to let go dude....did your FO get as pissed off? if not, then I feel kinda sorry for the guy for flying with such a grumpy old captain....PEACE!!!

Singlecoil said:
Why didn't you just cancel? Maybe that's what he was looking for. You were part 91, right?
I agree. Not having been there and not knowing what was going on, I would have been tempted to say, "Airport in sight, cancel IFR, how 'bout a frequency change?"

'Sled

PilotChapin said:
...did your FO get as pissed off? if not, then I feel kinda sorry for the guy for flying with such a grumpy old captain....PEACE!!!

Gee, I didn't think I was that nerved about it... Can't ANYONE READ ??? The whole point of this thread was the fact that I have seen many people do this same thing and I thought those would find this experience interesting...(I think this is the 3rd time I've explained myself)

I guess I should go back to the normal pointless jargon that exists on these boards. Maybe "pi$$ed" was a poor choice of words, "baffled" was more the correct phraseology...

And for crying out loud, I just turned 30... :confused: Is that old nowadays???

Last edited:
h25b said:
Gee, I didn't think I was that nerved about it... Can't ANYONE READ ??? The whole point of this thread was the fact that I have seen many people do this same thing and I thought those would find this experience interesting...(I think this is the 3rd time I've explained myself)

I guess I should go back to the normal pointless jargon that exists on these boards. Maybe "pi$$ed" was a poor choice of words, "baffled" was more the correct phraseology...

And for crying out loud, I just turned 30... :confused: Is that old nowadays???

Dang 30 year old grump, feel sorry for whoever is your FO at 50 HA!

PilotChapin said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! you and me both my son! how did your FO take it with the controller?

He was as "baffled" as I was.. We were both amazed... Funny thing was he's brand spank'n new with us.. I just hired him, he's a really good "kid" and I had just told him about 2 days prior how this was "no big deal"... Hilarious...

:D

h25b said:
He was as "baffled" as I was.. We were both amazed... Funny thing was he's brand spank'n new with us.. I just hired him, he's a really good "kid" and I had just told him about 2 days prior how this was "no big deal"... Hilarious...

:D

HA!! yeah, sometimes uis older farts have to set a good example for the young ones...is your FO alot younger? I flew once with a guy about 20 years younger than me who was a total dik and was trying to teach me about an airplane I've been flying for 5 years and he'd been flying for 2 months...aint that a B...I havent had good experience with really young guys, most of them have been hot shots and a bunch of "show up late" slackers.

PilotChapin said:
HA!! yeah, sometimes uis older farts have to set a good example for the young ones...is your FO alot younger? I flew once with a guy about 20 years younger than me who was a total dik and was trying to teach me about an airplane I've been flying for 5 years and he'd been flying for 2 months...aint that a B...I havent had good experience with really young guys, most of them have been hot shots and a bunch of "show up late" slackers.

He's 22, incredibly hard worker, shows up, gets er done... There are still a few good, young pilots out there to be had. My first corporate job was at 23 right in to Hawker 800s. It's nice to get to see someone else as enthused as I was... Give him time though and he'll be 30 and grumpy just like me. He'll be ruined for life in no time...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back