Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the 5k total time hour requirement? I've never seen anything that high. I have been at my current regional for 6.5 years and don't have that much time yet. Granted, I was furloughed for 7 months and I have done continuous duty overnights, but 5k seems real high.

Sorry, Junior, I was at my airline DECADES before you clowns turned a wheel.

Well then you must have 1 foot in the grave. You will be sorely missed. :)

Sorry, Junior, I was at my airline DECADES before you clowns turned a wheel.

You are seriously behind the power curve. Try reading up on the industry between your gulps of red Kool-Aid.

Oh so your one of these guys who believes there is a pilot shortage,I thought you had experince in this industry.LOL!!!
Do you still get FAPA?

I applied and took the assessment at least 3 months ago. Still have not heard anything one way or another.

Every airline has to have at least one Fubi. Cant wait til he starts pushing for age 70 retirement because (insert fav excuse here). Fubi retire already and go into the sunset.

I have ran into one guy that had a job offer from Virgin. Seemed like a good guy, he said he had family or something in a non flying position walk a resume in. He is about 100 on the list waiting for a class date. I had a current pilot tell me that it is extremely difficult to even get an interview there unless you know someone to open a door for you. Everyone who is there wants their buddies to come onboard. :( :( I know not a soul

I have ran into one guy that had a job offer from Virgin. Seemed like a good guy, he said he had family or something in a non flying position walk a resume in. He is about 100 on the list waiting for a class date. I had a current pilot tell me that it is extremely difficult to even get an interview there unless you know someone to open a door for you. Everyone who is there wants their buddies to come onboard. :( :( I know not a soul

Wrong. An email from the company said about 20 in the pool right now. They don't want the pool to get to crowded. Over half of interviewees getting the thumbs up with a good amount not having any internal help getting noticed.

Hypothetically - if you pass your assessment and email back the pilot questionnaire you got afterward, about how long does it take to get an interview (assuming they like the questionnaire!)?

Hypothetically - if you pass your assessment and email back the pilot questionnaire you got afterward, about how long does it take to get an interview (assuming they like the questionnaire!)?

Only a few days. If you get the questionnaire you should get the interview as well. The questionaire is not a test, it ask Why Virgin? Why are you leaving you current employer? Have you ever failed a checkride?....etc. I think it is only about 8 questions. Then you will get your choice of interview dates. They only interview on Wed.. It is my understanding there is no more written test for the interview (at least with last two groups). Only TMAAT questions. They are doing some of the questions in a group setting now. Just have about 5 stories you could taylor to these type of questions and you should be good to go! They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back