Virgin fuels fare war between U.S. airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about this?

Well folks, greedy management and regulation are the root cause of our problems. I honestly think we need to be keeping an eye on UAVs. I read a magazine article recently (WIRED Magazine, I think) that discussed the possiblility of using un-manned aircraft to fly freight to and from the more remote locations.

Don't just think "That could never happen". Give it a serious thought. Once it's been proven that UAVs can safely and efficiently operate in a civilian setting, you know darn well management is going to be chomping at the bit.

What about the passengers? Obviously at first, they will not be very warm to the idea. After a few years of positive operations in a cargo environment, they would start to warm to the idea - especially if they could get from point A to point B at a cheeper rate.

Yeah, I know this is over the top, a little doomsday-ish, and my post probably doesn't make much sense; I still think it's something we need to seriously consider and protect ourselves from.

I'll shut up now and go to bed.

PCL_128 is a former Gulfstream PFTer.

nuff said

Yes, keep dwelling on something that I did 8 years ago; meanwhile VA and Skybus will continue to put downward pressure on this profession. Way to set those priorities! :rolleyes:

Yes, keep dwelling on something that I did 8 years ago; meanwhile VA and Skybus will continue to put downward pressure on this profession. Way to set those priorities! :rolleyes:

PCL_128

I have no beef with Gulfstream PFTers and I although I don't agree with it, I have no qualms with pilots who elect to go that route. What puzzles me is that you have some major agend in degrading everyone with whom you think is "selling out the industry" or "dragging the industry down" and as a former Gulfstream PFTer you don't have ANY credibility whatsoever in preeching about "dragging the industry down". I could care less about what you did 8 years ago and I don't hold that against you but at the same time you should get off your high horse and stop being flight info's biggest hypocrite.

Respectfully, Splitbar

PCL_128

I have no beef with Gulfstream PFTers and I although I don't agree with it, I have no qualms with pilots who elect to go that route. What puzzles me is that you have some major agend in degrading everyone with whom you think is "selling out the industry" or "dragging the industry down" and as a former Gulfstream PFTer you don't have ANY credibility whatsoever in preeching about "dragging the industry down". I could care less about what you did 8 years ago and I don't hold that against you but at the same time you should get off your high horse and stop being flight info's biggest hypocrite.

Respectfully, Splitbar

Splitbar, I've been over this a million times, so I hesitate to do it again, but what the hell.

I readily admit that PFTing at GIA was a huge mistake, and I was just an idiot newbie that didn't know what the hell I was doing at the time. PFT harms the profession. The difference between PFT and carriers like Skybus, however, is that the guys going to Skybus aren't newbies that don't know any better like the guys going to GIA. I expect someone that has enough experience to get a job at Skybus or Virgin America to have enough industry knowledge not to make such a stupid decision. I can't expect the same thing from a kid right out of college that makes the mistake of going to GIA simply because he doesn't know how the industry works.

I could care less about what you did 8 years ago and I don't hold that against you but at the same time you should get off your high horse and stop being flight info's biggest hypocrite.

Respectfully, Splitbar

I wouldn't consider him a hypocrite, but someone who actually cares and wants to help the industry.

As for his decision to go to GIA, it was a naive, pathetic one.

Hypocrit

I readily admit that PFTing at GIA was a huge mistake, and I was just an idiot newbie that didn't know what the hell I was doing at the time. PFT harms the profession. The difference between PFT and carriers like Skybus, however, is that the guys going to Skybus aren't newbies that don't know any better like the guys going to GIA. I expect someone that has enough experience to get a job at Skybus or Virgin America to have enough industry knowledge not to make such a stupid decision. I can't expect the same thing from a kid right out of college that makes the mistake of going to GIA simply because he doesn't know how the industry works.

This self proclaimed "Idiot" really believes its all about him. Its ok for him to drag down the profession as a rookie but how dare some experienced idiot drag down the same profession. Its really time to start that side business I've been thinking about. This entire industry continues to implode with the expansion of free world trade. How bad can it be when one idiot is calling another idiot a jerk for doing the same basic thing with a different twist.

This self proclaimed "Idiot" really believes its all about him. Its ok for him to drag down the profession as a rookie but how dare some experienced idiot drag down the same profession. Its really time to start that side business I've been thinking about. This entire industry continues to implode with the expansion of free world trade. How bad can it be when one idiot is calling another idiot a jerk for doing the same basic thing with a different twist.

We've all done stupid stuff during our lives. He admits that he screwed up in his youth. What do you propose as sufficient punishment to allow him to redeem himself?

The difference here is that those experienced pilots know EXACTLY what they're doing to the profession.

After being furloughed from United, I walked away from flying rather than take a J4J (jets for jobs) at a United regional and keep dragging down the payscales. I was unemployed for about a year of my 5 year furlough.
The difference between my decision to remain unemployed and these guys is that they've made a conscious decision to lower the pilot compensation bar. PCL_128 was wet behind the ears when he did PFT and didn't fully realize the negative impact on regional pilots due to his decision.

Pinnacle CRJ pay and work rules are hardly "average". There crap.... and just like you PCL 128 I support ALPA, but calling PCL pay and work rules average is a little off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back