• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin Awarded Love Field Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Little Texas airline is in Big trouble...a Virgin is in town...seriously maybe a little competition will help convince mgmt that our product is not invincible in Texas....or any where else...
All for free competition, now where is VX getting it's money from?

Wow-- that's pretty fvcked up. I sure hope you told KD (our j/s coordinator) about that. No airplane at any airline should leave with ANY open seat that a jumpseater could occupy (W/B limits aside).

I believe he was saying Sun Country did this. Not VX.

When I worked for ATA, they did the same thing. No employees, ours or anyone else's, in FC. ATA, like VX, would upgrade paying pax to get jumpseaters on the aircraft. That was with an ALPA contract by the way.

Well, everyone can beat their chests and cry foul...whatever! We got the gates, everyone will make their money and things will move on.

I find it funny how someone that used to work at Virgin is now condemning us for coming into LUV. Wave, we were good for you to keep you current until you got a job at SWA?? Great, glad we could help you out.

Please cut the Sh!t with all of your SWA chest beating etc. You guys have enough problems just trying to merge your two lists and keeping your culture, that is eroding by the way, in tact.

I have plenty of friends who work at SWA that "GET IT," its the way the airline bouncing ball works. Everyone said we would have already failed and yet, here we are. Now SWA peeps are talking about bringing out the lawyers to challenge our ownership...AGAIN.....YHGTBSM! Get a LIFE already and just fly your trips and we will fly ours.

Sadly, pilots in general, are our own worst enemies. It's all about me...me...me! Well, get used to it...WE are going to be in LUV and we will do just fine. Good luck to everyone out there in Airline land!

If you want a ride, you are more than welcome! I always appreciate the rides I catch on SWA and you guys/gals are always great to all of us commuters. THANK YOU!!

Now back to your general B!tching board on flight info.... :rolleyes:

Good luck.

The question, what will you do with just two gates? Curious how many flights your other locations generate per gate? Not slamming, just trying to see the why or how VX thinks two gates are that important, or, that there is a hope in heck of encroaching on SWA's playing field.

Is Vx giving up their DFW gates?

Good luck.

The question, what will you do with just two gates? Curious how many flights your other locations generate per gate? Not slamming, just trying to see the why or how VX thinks two gates are that important, or, that there is a hope in heck of encroaching on SWA's playing field.

Is Vx giving up their DFW gates?

I think the idea is that since DAL has limited gates, it will limit the competitive response. VX will be flying to LGA an DCA out of DAL, both of those airports are slot restricted, and SWA won't flood those markets in response. SFO and LAX will be another story. It will be interesting to see if LUV uses valuable DAL gate space to flood those markets. In the past, when VX entered a new market, the competition always responded by adding a ton of capacity at a huge discount. Until the locals discover VX's superior product, VX operates at a loss in those new markets. Historically it takes VX 6 months to a year to start turning a profit on a new route. DAL, with its high barriers to entry, could be different. VX could turn a proffit from the start... Maybe. Judging by SWA's response they are not happy about this turn of events.

I think the idea is that since DAL has limited gates, it will limit the competitive response. VX will be flying to LGA an DCA out of DAL, both of those airports are slot restricted, and SWA won't flood those markets in response. SFO and LAX will be another story. It will be interesting to see if LUV uses valuable DAL gate space to flood those markets. In the past, when VX entered a new market, the competition always responded by adding a ton of capacity at a huge discount. Until the locals discover VX's superior product, VX operates at a loss in those new markets. Historically it takesfor as VX 6 months to a year to start turning a profit on a new route. DAL, with its high barriers to entry, could be different. VX could turn a proffit from the start... Maybe. Judging by SWA's response they are not happy about this turn of events.
I'm not sure exactly how they will respond, it really truly will be an entire new ballgame at Love come October. My guess is they are prepared to "bleed" Virgin for a very long time. But, what do I know I'm just I guy they pay to fly planes from point A to B.

Unless they give away seats for free, I don 't see how ValueJet/SW can compete at DAL.

Maybe VJ/SW will finally allow their passengers to buy an assigned seat and be able to
sit with their own family or friends, rather than being split up.

That would be worth about $100 for most people.

Unless they give away seats for free, I don 't see how ValueJet/SW can compete at DAL.

Maybe VJ/SW will finally allow their passengers to buy an assigned seat and be able to

That would be worth about $100 for most people.

you can do that now for about $25 per ticket.

Yeah, because families never get split up at airlines that assign seats? Are you really that stupid? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back