• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since we started the rumor game with VA..... I also heard there was to be an announcement made re: a official investor/airline link. However my contact was an Alaska F/A who "served" Sir Richard on a flight two weeks ago coming back from a meeting in Seattle.

But then again, I'm from Seattle and would love to jump ship at CMR and go to Alaska OR VA...Better yet, make them one...

2 weeks ago my buddy flew RB on an Independence Air flight from HPN-IAD. The same rumors were flying around over there too.

How come it's always someone's "buddy" who flew RB, or someone heard in recurrent that the CEO was seen with RB, or that someone talked to a FA that had RB on a flight? No one actually SEES RB, now do they? So it's all just BS anyway you look at it until there is something concrete to go on.

That's exactly it. Who cares anyway. My grandma told me her friend's sister made me some blue sox...and I never recieved them...I heard that bastard Branson is wearing them while he flys around america banging F/A's....Now that's a true story!

Yank McCobb said:
How come it's always someone's "buddy" who flew RB, or someone heard in recurrent that the CEO was seen with RB, or that someone talked to a FA that had RB on a flight? No one actually SEES RB, now do they? So it's all just BS anyway you look at it until there is something concrete to go on.
I don't know what to tell you but the FO who flew with him is my best friend. He talked to him and everything but you can take it with a grain of salt if that's what makes you sleep at night.

Branson doesn't fly commercial !?! (unless it's on Virgin)
It has been confirmed that RB was on an HPN-IAD flight a couple of weeks ago. The flight attendant was a classmate of mine, and admitted she didn't know who he was until the FO (Logos buddy) told her. He said some interesting things to them, but I'll believe he's gonna buy into us when I find out the check has cleared his bank. One of our customer service agents showed me the reservation, and it was definately THE RB.

I suggest some of you folks read the several books out on Branson, including his biography. Then, you will have some idea what this is all about.
There have been plenty of US start-ups over the years who have taken years to get off the ground. It makes economic sense to wait for the "right" moment to launch. Right now is not the time with fuel being the way it is and the top 5 carriers in bankruptcy protection - hardly conducive to good business practices and you don't need to be an MBA to figure out that one.
Branson is a canny businessman. How else do you think he's made out with some 200, yes, 200 companies under the Virgin Brand. Not all have worked out as planned, some have been PR disasters but he learns from his mistakes and most of his ventures are successes.
As someone mentioned, he will not have a controlling interest in a US company but he is not keen on any merger with a current US airline - those are just rumors! Why should a new company merge with an already existing one and bring upon itself the complexities of that union. Again, doesn'y make much sense. Read the book(s). They are more accurate than any rumors among F/As and buddu buddies.

RB was on one of our flights from the Carribenan recently. Any thoughts of code share with us was put to rest about five years ago by David. There was talk, but the business models did not match up. That was then, a lot has happened since, so who knows. I guess if you have enough money, anything can happen. Look at Martha and OJ.

Latest resources

Back