• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are seriously asking the question, then I would look at the quantity and quality of the replys to your post thus far...That should just about sum up what Virgin America is all about.

bluejuice787 said:
If you are seriously asking the question, then I would look at the quantity and quality of the replys to your post thus far...That should just about sum up what Virgin America is all about.

Since he posted the question at one in the morning, how many replies would you expect ? :rolleyes: None, would be my answer. Now that people are waking up maybe he'll get more than smart a$$ replies.

The Virgin Group of companies does have big airline expansion plans, not only in the States, but worldwide. They have just started Virgin Nigeria; they are looking at starting another brand in India; and there is the often rumoured Virgin Pacific to compete Internationally against Qantas. Virgin America, or whatever it will be called, is the U.S. brand and it all ties in with the parents' global airline expansion plans.

Typhoonpilot

Typhoon-

It was not meant to be sarcastic. I was simply intending it to be read as there is nothing going on.

Richard Branson has respectable plans of global domination, however, he does not have the support of the US govt. He is unable to attract investors as he will not be allowed to own controlling interest in the proposed company.

Many of the original organizers of VA have left and either returned to GB or taken posts with companies like mine (JB).

Juice

My apologies then.

You are right that nothing much is going on with them. I think he may be waiting for a better economic cycle to start up. I sure wouldn't want to try to start an airline in the current U.S. environment of high fuel prices and bankrupt carriers.

TP

Virgin America and Jet Blue???...

It would not surprise me if Virgin came up with a code share or purchased some stock, etc. to broker a deal with JB. Since VA was not successful in getting started in the US as Sir Richard B. had originally proposed.

JB is getting a broad route structure through out the US and would be a good combination with Virgin at JFK. Plus, JB could link domestic with international on a lower cost-higher class of service international carrier.

If AA and BA are able to broker a deal this time around, I would think it might add some motivation to a JB/Virgin deal.

I am just thinking out loud. There are no sources suggesting this is in the works.

"Virgin Blue"

Drink special: "Blue Virgins" Two for one one during cruise!!!

bluejuice787 said:
This too is my opinion: Why would JB link with Virgin when they can do it by themselves?

International routes...not the "light international" that you are currently performing.

Thanks for the info. I'm over at frontier & (fact) VA was @ HQ a few times to meet with mgt. I was just trying to get the scoop. From what I understand, (rumor) Branson is supposed to announce his intended partner with a US carrier in less than 2 weeks. Anyone know about that JetBlue, F9?? Whatever the outcome I hope it is positive.

Porch (does this board have spell check??)

Latest resources

Back