• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America To Launch New Flights To Newark Liberty International Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did not intend to misinform. The point of my post was to echo you. I don't think the outcome of VA going into this market and the price of tickets going down is a good thing. At first you have a major making a profit, now you have both a major and VA charging less than the true cost of the flight. Great for passengers, bad for airlines, pilots and long term sustainability. The fact is that most of VA's routes have this problem. Both companys take a competitive loss, but one airline has the option of overcharging on other routes to offset the loss.

And that is United's fault. They don't have to flood the market. If United doesn't cut as low, neither does VA and both win. VA isn't the one flooding the market and dropping prices by $300. United added twice as many flights as VA did. I love how the undercutting is always pinned on the new guy, but the old guy is the one that does it.

VA need some money routes yesterday.
I just wonder what they are thinking adding a transcon route against an 800 pound gorilla.
The skies will run red on these routes for both sides but the side with the most cash will win and I dont think it will be a virgin who comes out on top.

And that is United's fault. They don't have to flood the market. If United doesn't cut as low, neither does VA and both win. VA isn't the one flooding the market and dropping prices by $300. United added twice as many flights as VA did. I love how the undercutting is always pinned on the new guy, but the old guy is the one that does it.

It's nobody's fault, it is competitive capitalism. You can't blame VA for going on offense and you can't blame UA for playing defense. Quote Alonzo Harris "The $h!t's chess, it ain't checkers!"

Yes, but play by the rules. Not an illegal predatory attack, like AA doing from DFW to MCI against Vanguard back in the day. I'm not saying that us happening here, as long as airlines follow the laws.

forget that VA is not like spirit, but they have low fares.....baldanza at spirit doesn't care who is in the market,, he wants to be 25% lower than everybody...he's the dollar store of airlines....but VA is a premium brand connected with big brother.....what is the whole mission of VA? to be the lowest premium discount airline for business? leisure? both? but never on tuesdays? WTF?
...going into EWR should just segment a small nitch for them, eh???

forget that VA is not like spirit, but they have low fares.....baldanza at spirit doesn't care who is in the market,, he wants to be 25% lower than everybody...he's the dollar store of airlines....but VA is a premium brand connected with big brother.....what is the whole mission of VA? to be the lowest premium discount airline for business? leisure? both? but never on tuesdays? WTF?
...going into EWR should just segment a small nitch for them, eh???

I assume you meant VX, not VA. VX can connect California traffic into EWR to connect on VA and Singapore Airlines, in addition to the regular O/D traffic.

yes, that's right...so really VX should just open routes that supply feed to VA? is that kind of the mission statement.?

yes, that's right...so really VX should just open routes that supply feed to VA? is that kind of the mission statement.?
No, VX is starting service to two of the biggest east and west coast cities that are currently dominated by one legacy carrier (nonstop). This nonstop route is a monopoly as of right now.

No, VX is starting service to two of the biggest east and west coast cities that are currently dominated by one legacy carrier (nonstop). This nonstop route is a monopoly as of right now.

American and Delta don't fly between SFO and NYC?

Latest resources

Back