• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You may be right, but i took a job that i will never have to complain about pay...especially making more than their captains as an FO here. It is also outfits like this that are killing the pay rates for future pilots among us that have yet to see what accepting low paying jobs will do because they get to fly a "big" plane now.

The same was said about Frontier and Jetblue pilots when those airlines were started. They were said to be lowering the bar, making things worse for the industry... Pay scales have to start somewhere, and they never start at the top. A new airline's pay scales are always low... just the way it is.

Check your history and facts and get off your pedestal dude... stones can be thrown at any company these days.

The same was said about Frontier and Jetblue pilots when those airlines were started. They were said to be lowering the bar, making things worse for the industry... Pay scales have to start somewhere, and they never start at the top. A new airline's pay scales are always low... just the way it is.

Check your history and facts and get off your pedestal dude... stones can be thrown at any company these days.

Compare where the payscales at UAL, AA, DAL were prior to these LCCs and and where their payscales are now.

Is it that JB and AirTran pay so much, or is it that UAL and AA and DAL had to lower their pay to stay competitive?

Last edited:
Want an idea of QOL? See the 'Fired by Virgin' thread.

As for you low time guys, apply, apply, apply, they are having a hard time getting apps to fill their seats in classes, mins are going down, down, down. Maybe because they pay 50% less than a McD's manager?

Oh yeah, you are based in SFO??? B$!! You aren't based anywhere until you complete training! What a scam. I'll bet Branson owns the hotel with the cut rates.

Enjoy your silk shirts ladies!

Pad

VA
Training pay $2500/month from day one. Health benies start after 30 days and are not bad at all. I don't see a difference in health care from the last airline I worked at.

Yes you do have to provide a place to stay in SFO, you are based there. It's not unheard of in the airline industry though.

You are only there 8 days, then off to Miami where they pick up a very nice hotel and rental car. Per diem is also paid as soon as you leave SFO, approx. $1500 for the month.

Schedules are a work in progress as the airline grows, if you want to be part of something from the ground up, you have to build it. For those who are interested in being part of an airline from the begining could have a great career ahead. Ask the guys that started FedEx or SWA how it was the first couple years....and ask them how they are doing now.

have fun out there.

Hey I'm a little late to the party but....well said!!!

Latest resources

Back