• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it is worth, I went to an interview there in early Aug. They seem like a great company and are planning a lot of fast expansion. They would like to be as large as Jet Blue within 3 years. They have 100 a/c on order. Growing pains are normal and they are not union at this time. I know Branson hates unions and even though the US govt says he has little control..not really true. He is the largest shareholder and is very much in volved. Which can be good or bad. He did say that American pilots were the paid too much a few years back...so... Other than that, I see it as a positive place to work. I was offered a training class and I am still milling over what to do. You get 11 days off, but right now the schedule sucks and I see guys commuting 11 hours a day to get to work. SFO only base for now and for near future. No pay during 2 week indoc in SFO and no hotel provided. That can be very expensive. Not the greatest health care but, not the worst. They did say that if you cancel a flight, you have to make it up on a day off during that month if you can. Not sure if this still holds true 2 months later but, that seemed a bit odd. So, for now, QOL..not good, pay is not the best and even worse for F.O.s. But, all that said, they are very cool about interviewing and laid back! Very nice people there and they do want a positive change in the industry. I am sure it will be a great place to be oneday!

Founder says pilots make too much...incredible given the current salaries at VA

No hotel/pay during training....amazing

Make up CNX on a day off?? AWESOME

Crappy Health care

Crappy pay

Crappy schedules

11 days off

1 base

But....

they were nice at the interview....

Wow...where do I sign up?...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just to Clarify for those interested

VA
Training pay $2500/month from day one. Health benies start after 30 days and are not bad at all. I don't see a difference in health care from the last airline I worked at.

Yes you do have to provide a place to stay in SFO, you are based there. It's not unheard of in the airline industry though.

You are only there 8 days, then off to Miami where they pick up a very nice hotel and rental car. Per diem is also paid as soon as you leave SFO, approx. $1500 for the month.

Schedules are a work in progress as the airline grows, if you want to be part of something from the ground up, you have to build it. For those who are interested in being part of an airline from the begining could have a great career ahead. Ask the guys that started FedEx or SWA how it was the first couple years....and ask them how they are doing now.

have fun out there.

Last edited:
Fly I ,
I hope the HR people at VA and all the other former I guys at VA read your post so they know what you really think of VA.

They all know it. I have a ton of friends there. I was only stating facts, not bashing them. I hope for the best for them! Cant hide what is.

VA
Schedules are a work in progress as the airline grows, if you want to be part of something from the ground up, you have to build it. For those who are interested in being part of an airline from the begining could have a great career ahead. Ask the guys that started FedEx or SWA how it was the first couple years....and ask them how they are doing now.

have fun out there.

I started at Independence Air at day 1...I'll tell you how well that went!

I just did the V.A. online assessment and the page said that someone would contact me. Does that mean some one really will call or is that juat an auto message? Thanks
Also, how long is the upgrade and/or will they hire and type right off the bat?

I just did the V.A. online assessment and the page said that someone would contact me. Does that mean some one really will call or is that juat an auto message? Thanks
Also, how long is the upgrade and/or will they hire and type right off the bat?
For what it's worth, I finished the assessment and was called the next day for an interview.

Upgrading time at VA

What are the minimums for a PIC upgrade? Do they hire into the left seat? How long before a high-time newbie can expect to upgrade on average?

As far as domiciles, what is the next anticipated pilot domicile - JFK? Lastly, how many Airbuses expected on the line through 2008?

StarChecker...NICE!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself...but don't forget, you get to wear those cheesy bar tender outfits to work there as well...they look real professional, but then again they do have a brit running the show.

Isn't it also amazing how many people line up to take jobs like that...they know going in that they get paid like crap, then turn around and b!tch about it two years down the road...you took the stupid job, now live with the rest of the lowlifes under that I-5 underpass.

Ahhhhh...it feels good to be back...:D

Last edited:
Isn't it also amazing how many people line up to take jobs like that...they know going in that they get paid like crap, then turn around and b!tch about it two years down the road...you took the stupid job, now live with the rest of the lowlifes under that I-5 underpass.

Ahhhhh...it feels good to be back...:D

Ask your senior CA's at Frontier how it felt. It wasn't too long ago that they took a job no one else would.

Not being an a$$hole, but no one in this business has any right to throw stones. TC

Latest resources

Back