• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America reported a $12 million operating loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...The only comparison I was making was the hubris of the initial jetBlue pilot cadre and the current VX roosters...

I understand you're clarification.
What about the hubris of those that condemn Virgin America pilots for going to work for a non-union airline, at lower than legacy airline pay rates? These guys don't want to work for $110/hr! But they do want to work! And they see the potential of the company and the prospect for possibly substantial pay improvements in the future.

The legacy airlines will always have to face competition, and start ups will come and go. I can't say it enough, blaming the pilots is unproductive.

We all know that there has been a union push at Jet Blue. I bet there are Virgin America pilots thinking the same. So instead of condemning them for choosing to fly for a start up how about we encourage them to bargain collectively.

So instead of condemning them for choosing to fly for a start up how about we encourage them to bargain collectively.

Never gonna happen. Fubijaaker or Fishfreighter or Velocipede or whatever his log in is today will spout off on each of these boards that VX and AAY are pulling the industry down but all he will ever do is beat his chest about it and throw crap. He walked into his cushy Alaska job after ALPA was there and advertises himself as their champion. If he really cared about the industry and the pilots, he would work for VX or AAY and help get ALPA on board. I guess he doesn't have enough time, what with all the open time he is picking up with his brethren on the street.

SMcC, thanks!

I'm gonna go find a bottle of ol'crow. I should know by now not to feed the trolls!

Last edited:
Who is doing any bragging? You come on here and start trashtalking, then when you get faced with the facts, you run and hide, throw out more flamebait, or accuse others of ''bragging". Every prediction you have made has been wrong fishfreighter, I am sure it must get tiring. BTW here is another one which will be wrong - DFW has been extremely successful, and more frequency was just added. We will still be there come December.

Quote. "DFW has been extremely successful, and more frequency was just added. We will still be there come December".

Yeahh! Right. Selling Groupons-tickets at $99 dls to DFW, ORD, JFK, BOS the load factor will be 100% But definitely the VA won’t make any profits. Branson might have to pump more money out his pocket to keep afloat the Flying Boutique Airline.

These guys don't want to work for $110/hr! But they do want to work! And they see the potential of the company and the prospect for possibly substantial pay improvements in the future.

What you don't seem to understand is that when pilots fly A320s for $110 an hour, they hurt YOUR ability maintain the pay rates that jetBlue pilots have gained over a decade. The problem with your situation is that you have no contractual protection if B6 management decides to cut you down to VX rates.

Quote. "DFW has been extremely successful, and more frequency was just added. We will still be there come December".

Yeahh! Right. Selling Groupons-tickets at $99 dls to DFW, ORD, JFK, BOS the load factor will be 100% But definitely the VA won’t make any profits. Branson might have to pump more money out his pocket to keep afloat the Flying Boutique Airline.

Facts don't matter to the VX true believers.

What you don't seem to understand is that when pilots fly A320s for $110 an hour, they hurt YOUR ability maintain the pay rates that jetBlue pilots have gained over a decade. The problem with your situation is that you have no contractual protection if B6 management decides to cut you down to VX rates.

You can't get around competition. Start ups will happen, and when they do they will never start their operations with pilots paid at legacy carrier rates. Can you name one unionized pilot group that did not have to build from humble beginnings?

I think it's safe to say that not one pilot walked into Jet Blue 10 years ago thinking "Gosh I hope they don't ever raise the pay here." Same goes for Virgin America now.

My point is that hating these guys for trying to hitch a ride on an up and coming company does not help anyone. Let's hope instead that they will be future union brothers.

Last edited:
Facts don't matter to the VX true believers.

Fishfreig....er I mean Fubijaakr, if you are such a fan of facts, why then do you fail to acknowledge any facts other than the ones you chose to post? Do legacy carriers have fare sales to stimulate demand in new markets? Do legacy carriers increase frequency in the name of competition? Did ALPA open the door to outsourcing mainline, legacy jobs to bottom feeding regionals? Do mainline legacy carriers pull out of cities? Has ALPA failed to make a serious effort at a national seniority list or industry pay rate?

You accuse others of putting on blinders and ignoring facts when you are the biggest culprit of all.

You get up on your bully pulpit and preach how ALPA can do no wrong, legacy carriers are faultless and all start-ups are evil. Yet when confronted with the facts, you call names or run and hide for a few days, only to start another VX bashing thread while avoiding answering the questions posed to you. I am guessing what is happening is you see the facts, run back to your ALPA handlers to get their spin, and when there is none to counter it, you just start a new thread.

The irony here is if Fubi was in the shoes of VX pilots today, and had to put food on the table for his family, he would happily submit his impressive resume to the HR department in Burlingame for serious consideration. Luckily for him, fate and good timing cleared another path for his career. Bottom line, he is a bomb thrower and troll with nothing of value to bring this and other forums he has visited over the years.

Latest resources

Back