• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America reported a $12 million operating loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The irony here is if Fubi was in the shoes of VX pilots today, and had to put food on the table for his family, he would happily submit his impressive resume to the HR department in Burlingame for serious consideration.

Absolutely wrong. I have never applied to a non-Union company for any kind of work except the U.S. military.

Who is doing any bragging? You come on here and start trashtalking, then when you get faced with the facts, you run and hide, throw out more flamebait, or accuse others of ''bragging". Every prediction you have made has been wrong fishfreighter, I am sure it must get tiring. BTW here is another one which will be wrong - DFW has been extremely successful, and more frequency was just added. We will still be there come December.

Ne, you need to take off the cheerleading skirt. You do not want a contract because you have never lived under a good one. Do you think life is good now, wait until we have money and a QOL (which you will only get with a fight).

Do you consider, the QIP (which we will never see a dime from (how many quarters have we ever gone without a/c damage)), the 1 dollar an hour raise for our most senior members, or the loss of 4 days( down to 45%) a success?? Or was it the free lunch after the last all hands? You know the one where they announced we lost 12 mill in 2010..... Maybe you consider the fact that our new a/c now have 3 less seats a success (not sure why, its just loss of revenue)?

We have people making stupid decisions at this company, plain and simple. How long before they take away the little we have???? Even Herb (SWA) knew his employees needed protection and who are you to argue with one of the most successful CEO's of an airline? If thats not enough, I can't believe you are not learning from what's happening at Jblu.

Our group needs to wake up!! Thats the only cheer I support!!

Last edited:
Thank-you, hyflyin. NED is intoxicated with red Kool-Aid. He's just happy to have a job after his last failed airline collapsed.

Thank-you, hyflyin. NED is intoxicated with red Kool-Aid. He's just happy to have a job after his last failed airline collapsed.

Don't get me wrong Fubi, I enjoy some of the Kool-Aid at VX too, unfortunately, pressure has a funny way of reacting on company cultures and if the current pressure continues we will be in for a rude awaking. I just don't understand why more than half the group can't see that. To top it off, I don't understand why we refuse to acknowledge what's happening at Jblu.

VX is great, but it's no Jblu.

Well, give it time. It usually kicks in about the time the airline cancels some orders and the quick upgrades dry up. Then you're just like everyone else WITHOUT contract protection.

Latest resources

Back