• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America reduces hiring mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What NEDude and the rest of the VX mental midgets can't seem to grasp is that flying and Airbus for RJ wages puts downward pressure on ALL OF US.

He tosses out the ALPA strawman, but Union affiliation hardly matters. USAPA is doing the same thing under LOA 93 that the VX slugs do voluntarily.

But he can't answer that because HE'S PROUD of the fact that he thinks VX is the path to the stars for him. The problem is in 20 years when he's still making RJ wages he'll have no one but the "man" in the mirror to blame.

And....the 56000 Alpa members are not strong enough to combat it? Huh, not much of a union there. Then again, national went it's separate way long ago and doesn't do what the majority demand, yet you faithfully send your dues?

I guess you flying Deltas passenger helps bring the wages up? But at least your doing it for a good rate, right? I am sure your union brothers are happy about it. Wait, never mind, I see in other posts that it pains them a regional airline is flying their product in the Northwest and making a tremendous profit off of it.

You should be proud.

:beer:

give me a break. I know a lot of guys who applied and have not gotten an interview. Oh wait, they are not connected, chuck yeager, or meet HR's requirements for diversity

give me a break. I know a lot of guys who applied and have not gotten an interview. Oh wait, they are not connected, chuck yeager, or meet HR's requirements for diversity

Or as Mr. Spock would say, "Coloquially expressed but essentially correct."

Fubi, you're right. I'll go to Delta. Not hiring for 2012. I'll go to American, bankrupt. I'll go to UniCal, 1500 on furlough. US Air, not hiring. Hawaiian, forget it unless you live in Hawaii because otherwise no call. Spirit, if they call you. UPS not hiring. Soooo stay stuck in regional hell through a round of concessions and bankruptcy or try Virgin?

USAir was just hiring. UAL will be soon. Atlas is hiring, but interviews are temporarily suspended. Southern, Omni, Evergreen are hiring. I think World is. Kalitta is hiring.
TONS of overseas jobs at great pay are hiring, including some FO positions.

cliff
GRB

USAir was just hiring. UAL will be soon. Atlas is hiring, but interviews are temporarily suspended. Southern, Omni, Evergreen are hiring. I think World is. Kalitta is hiring.
TONS of overseas jobs at great pay are hiring, including some FO positions.

cliff
GRB

Pay is worse at USAir than it is at Virgin and had less than 50 openings in its last vacancy. UAL has over 1400 furloughs to recall, so "soon" is a bit optimistic. Southern, Omni, Evergreen, Kalitta and World all pay around the same as Virgin (higher hourly wage - worse guarentee) and require a lot of time away from home and some real 'nice' layovers.

The overseas jobs are hiring and paying well, but for some people the idea of living in central China is just not that appealing, especially if they have family. Yes I know, there are places other than China that are hiring, but the point it that if you have a family, sometimes the overseas jobs are not a viable option. If you are divorced and have kids, and a psycho ex-wife who is not fit to have the kids (not that I'd know anything about that :rolleyes: ) it makes the decision even harder.

The point is what is a perfect job for one guy may not be a perfect job for another guy.

Did any of you slugs ever consider getting a job outside of aviation. Nah...wouldn't want to actually WORK for a living. Better to stab others in the back. Just like a scab.

Did any of you slugs ever consider getting a job outside of aviation. Nah...wouldn't want to actually WORK for a living. Better to stab others in the back. Just like a scab.

Have you?

Hypocrite

The job market in the last five years has been the worst since the great depression. Not a smart move to go back to school, take on loads of debt and try and break into the job market. The fact that you believe others should do that in a vain attempt to help you make a little more money is the definition of selfish. Of course ignorant fools like yourself are unable to see that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back