• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will the money get better?? I just can't bring myself to apply with that payscale. "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!"

If you have a comfy job right now I suggest you stay there. However, if you are at stagnant regional with bad schedules and a mediocre pay-scale VA would be a much better place to work IMO. The money should/will/must get better as VA matures but by that time upgrades will have slowed down. You should try to get on while upgrade is still quick. I don't think there are any other US airlines hiring right now where you could expect to make $110/hour in your third year. Granted, that depends on a speedy upgrade, but with VA's growth plans that is a reasonable expectation. Working for a start up airline isn't for everyone. It takes almost a cult like faith or solid backup plans to keep anxiety levels top a minimum. If VA succeeds, which it looks like we will, then it's a dream career move. If VA doesn't make it, then at least you have an airbus type rating and some airbus PIC time. That's a lot stronger resume than the legions of CRJ captains will ever hope to have.

If you have a comfy job right now I suggest you stay there. However, if you are at stagnant regional with bad schedules and a mediocre pay-scale VA would be a much better place to work IMO. The money should/will/must get better as VA matures but by that time upgrades will have slowed down. You should try to get on while upgrade is still quick. I don't think there are any other US airlines hiring right now where you could expect to make $110/hour in your third year. Granted, that depends on a speedy upgrade, but with VA's growth plans that is a reasonable expectation. Working for a start up airline isn't for everyone. It takes almost a cult like faith or solid backup plans to keep anxiety levels top a minimum. If VA succeeds, which it looks like we will, then it's a dream career move. If VA doesn't make it, then at least you have an airbus type rating and some airbus PIC time. That's a lot stronger resume than the legions of CRJ captains will ever hope to have.

Well, if VA ever fails, I guess you could take that Airbus time and fly A330s/340s/380s at Emirates...

Well, if VA ever fails, I guess you could take that Airbus time and fly A330s/340s/380s at Emirates...

For expat flying, Emirates, is low pay and to much work. Much better contracts in different parts of the world. Of course India sounds like its dying per the reg enacted that kicks expats out by the end of 11.

We'll see.

How are the schedules out of LAX for the 10 crews based there? 1,2,3,4 day trips? Any news/talk of the base expanding with the new dfw and possible mexico stuff?

Spinproof,
Just a quick look at your posts reveals your parents' poor effort during your upbringing and your lack of education. It's not "do time," it's "due time." Second, I'm assuming you mean "strife," not "striff." Third, fix your stats: a frisbee cannot own anything. It's just plural, Genius. You have looked at this countless times and it never caught your eye - amazing. However, it's not your fault; you just don't know any better. Fourth, it's not "less than 66,000...," it's "fewer than." I'm leaving out what I hope to be typos. You should hit your parents up for some of that junior college money, but they probably blew it all on that once-in-a-lifetime vacation to Orlando. As to VA, I wish them well...God knows all our airlines could learn from them. At least I know you're not the competition at the interview.

Doing research when putting someone in their place! I love it. I am also one to hope VA does well. From what I see, its a Virgin group type of company where the people who work there are happy with the corp culture. You will not find that at many other places. yes there are some negatives with the company but I do not see many. I just hope I have a chance to be interviewed and have a chance to work there. My resume is in and I hope without recommendations I have a chance. I know absolutely not a soul at the place....

Latest resources

Back