Virgin America Lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly2AK

Can any of the VA guys shed some light on the QOL at VA ie Days off, average pay, benifits, treatment, average hours per month, commute, training ect..... All info would be greatly appreciated. If it has already been posted my apologies.

Someone that interviewed there said they like to have a relaxed attitude in general. So I imagine the lifestyle is laid back.

Can any of the VA guys shed some light on the QOL at VA ie Days off, average pay, benifits, treatment, average hours per month, commute, training ect..... All info would be greatly appreciated. If it has already been posted my apologies.

Take a look at where you'll be based and if you're going to commute or not into that base. THAT will have the MOST impact on your "lifestyle".

Ultra

Yes I gave room for anyone to just que in on any info that might be helpful, but obviously not many people here can work with that. lol, no love lost here I will find out later. Didn't really have high hopes anyways of finding out any useful info here.

VA is pref-bid, so depending upon seniority and wants dictates how hard or easy you work. Bases make a difference too. Everyone starts in SFO where there is lots of commutable flying but its a tough place to commute into. For the most part, pairings are fairly reasonable. For an 80 hour bid in SF I usually worked 14 days, in LA I get about 74 for 14 days (but with alot of half days off).

The last time they posted the info the average FO line had 17 days off per month. I can't remember the average credit hours, but I think it was something like 82 per month.

Latest resources

Back