• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America cleared to fly!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They just got sick of listening to the Whiners complaining about RJs and scope ALL THE TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they've moved on with their career - I'll bet they'll be gracious to any one of you guys that needs a ride! But as usual, the internet JS wars are back!! OH JOY..............

I thought Skybus was getting the airplanes, what have I missed? :confused:

They were supposedly on short term leases....it'll go something like this...
" ... will everyone we leased our 320's to please step froward.....not so fast Skybus!!!"
;) ...

Just what we need. More seats and yet another bottom-feeding LCC.

Funny doesn't an SWA captain make money per hour than any of the legacy heavy captains? And as far bringing down the industry, guys at the top taking 44% cuts hurt the average pay just as much, if not more than the RJs at regionals who always had ******************** for pay.

can anyone confirm this.....a lil birdy told me, that for every trip dropped or leg not flown, that credit time is deducted from your check at the end of the year if not made up...if it's true, that sounds awesome!!

"Good job. So where are these VA pilots coming from? If they ever want to call in a union, f*ck 'em. They had their chance."

Oh, let me see, can you say, Independece Air, United, TWA/AA, Skywest, come on! I am not one of them but, these people I guarantee you have all been somewhere previously that they paid union dues to ALPA, APA, Teamsters, or, an independent union and that union f!@#!@ them at some point. I know I am on my third union and oh boy is it wonderful.(Inject sarcasm) The point I am making is these guy's wouldn't be there if, 9/11, if they were not layed off, if their previous job didn't suck, if going back to USair wasn't more of a gamble, if........................................We as either former or current ALPA/APA/Teamster/indepentdent union members are to blame for a large part of this current mess. If we had the balls and stuck together as pilots first, and not show up for work just one day to protest the further eroding of the pilot pay and work rules we might see something turn around. A lot of us like to think of ourselves as a professional like a medical doctor is and that is fine, but as my brother(the smart one) who is a medical doctor told me after I explained what I have to go through every six months to keep my job, commute to work through TSA, line checks, etc, he said the doctors would shut the hospitals down.
If we as a total pilot group would yield a fraction of the power we have we could drive the industry. Just mho.

Yeah. One is a good friend. He's got more experience than you can ever dream of having. He's a good stick and a great guy.

Too bad ALPA F'ed him out of a career. 90% of the people here can't hold a candle to him as an aviator or a person.

VA is a symptom of the problem. ALPA ran and hid. Now, it's every man for himself. TC

Dude, if you are really this angry....why not get another job? As far as your quote...GREATEST GUY EVER...did he use one finger or two?:laugh:

ALPA is either growing or dieing

ALPA is either growing or dieing. And from every position I can see, ALPA is dieing.

Where is the Virgin ALPA membership drive? Oh, ALPA does not want to recruit the growth airlines. ALPA hasn't tried in any meaningful way to recruit JBLU, AAI, SWAPA, Allegiant, Kalitta, North American, Miami Air, Excel, USA 3000, or UPS.

And what ALPA has done with Skywest has been pathetic.

ALPA is so flawed no one on the outside would even consider bringing ALPA on board.

Latest resources

Back