• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
6) All black uniform with Star Trek insignia on the collar

Doh!!

6) All black uniform with Star Trek insignia on the collar

Doh!!

It screams Eurotrash bartender.

But then some say we look like bellman -- can't wait until the TSA goes to blue shirts as well.

"Excuse me sir, can you take my bags to room 1355?" ... or better yet ... "Excuse me, are these scissors gonna make it through the machine?" ... or for the truly demented ... "I just don't understand why you need to inspect my bra. Again."

Last edited:
Virgin America CEO David Cush complained that legacy carrier Continental Airlines was awarded more than 70 percent of the available slots at Newark, leaving little room for competitors.
"If everything stays the way it is, we won't be able to expand at Kennedy, we won't be able to launch service to Newark," he said. "It would lock out not only Virgin America, but every other carrier down the line."
Virgin, a spinoff of Virgin Atlantic, requested slots for six roundtrip flights per day from the West Coast. It was offered three, and at hours that would require Virgin flights from San Francisco and Los Angeles to depart at the tough-to-market times of 10:30 p.m., 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?symbol=US:CAL&feed=AP&date=20080411&id=8476652

Virgin America CEO David Cush complained that legacy carrier Continental Airlines was awarded more than 70 percent of the available slots at Newark, leaving little room for competitors.
"If everything stays the way it is, we won't be able to expand at Kennedy, we won't be able to launch service to Newark," he said. "It would lock out not only Virgin America, but every other carrier down the line."
Virgin, a spinoff of Virgin Atlantic, requested slots for six roundtrip flights per day from the West Coast. It was offered three, and at hours that would require Virgin flights from San Francisco and Los Angeles to depart at the tough-to-market times of 10:30 p.m., 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?symbol=US:CAL&feed=AP&date=20080411&id=8476652http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.aspx?symbol=US:CAL&feed=AP&date=20080411&id=8476652
May you live in interesting times...hey there's always Islip!:)

Come on now you're just trying to get on my good side!!!!:D ...can puffy sleeves be far behind.....

But then some say we look like bellman -- can't wait until the TSA goes to blue shirts as well.

"Excuse me sir, can you take my bags to room 1355?" ... or better yet ... "Excuse me, are these scissors gonna make it through the machine?" ... or for the truly demented ... "I just don't understand why you need to inspect my bra. Again."

I forgot how nice the JB uniform looks. :rolleyes:

I forgot how nice the JB uniform looks. :rolleyes:

I said we sometimes get confused for bellmen, what I meant to say was WELL-DRESSED bellmen.

I like the blue shirts. I can wear my "I Hate Virgin America" t-shirts underneath and no one's the wiser.

Got to hand it to you, the Johnny Cash look is so in vogue these days. Especially in our profession. Toss a beret on top of that receding hair line of yours and ooh la la ... the Continent will beg for a double heaping of your pink mood lighting.

By the way, it's April 14th (uhh ... check thread title). What was the drop?

Oh -- and don't lose your sense of humor over all of this and go defensive on me. It's just so unbecoming.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think going to Evergreen, flying the Whale and seeing the world for a few years before bolting is the way to go. I have a friend at Evergreen now and he is looking for an exit. I don't know much about Virgin America but I do know you can upgrade much faster there than you could at JB (not surprising).

yeah, I agree.. I got my big "International Heavy" bug out when I flew the MD11 at Gemini... great experience, wouldn't trade it for the world, will be a part of my career I'm proud of, but I am more than happy spending the rest of my career flying in US Domestic airspace with the best ATC and Radar in the world and at airports that are safe and modern.. not to mention, that 14-30 hour commute out to the airplane was brutal! Even in business class.

Flown:[/B] J-32 328-300,CRJ-200, CE-560
[/COLOR]

Hey there my Aryan Chef friend.. what's with the dig on the 560?? I've got 1300 hours in the Encore and in some ways I liked it better than many of the "real" air planes I've flown... military or civil.. It certainly landed better than the MD11 and is easier to fly than the fly by wire Airbus.. cockpit had more room than it's slightly faster sister the X, and great visibility...

Best of all when I had a lav fire in one, I was able to exceed it's meager 292KT Vne by almost 80Kts in my emergency descent without so much as a shudder from my hershey bar wing.. built like a Russian woman the CE500 series...

Lay of the Slowtation man.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back