• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see...
  • Just under $200 million in the bank
  • Accelerated aircraft acquisition
  • Hiring 20+ pilots a month indefinitely
  • Building a Virgin America Training center to include sims
  • Had a load factor last weekend of 94%. Avg loads have been high 80% and we haven't started advertising yet.
Yeah I think we'll be done in a week. :rolleyes:

You really are drinking that red koolaid!

That money is not yours. It is venture capitalist's and can be pulled at any time they think they might not get a return on investment.

Acquiring aircraft and hiring means nothing. Many airlines that shut down were having classes on the same day and still had many deliveries in the future.

High load factor means nothing. Are you kidding? VA is charging $77. Of course your load factor is high. the problem is you are not ever close to covering your costs.

If everything is so Rosy Red, Why is your company pleading to the government to not release its numbers to the public. Let me quote them
"would cause Virgin America to suffer
substantial competitive harm because the local nature of traffic in its point-to-point markets and​
the limited number of aircraft types operated"

You are FAR from profitable and stable. I am not picking a fight. Just stating facts.

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=09000064803fae7d

Lets see...
  • Had a load factor last weekend of 94%. Avg loads have been high 80% and we haven't started advertising yet.

Load factor is almost meaningless -- check your yield.

Lets see...

You forgot the best part: NO HAT! NO TIES! All right!!

If everything is so Rosy Red, Why is your company pleading to the government to not release its numbers to the public. Let me quote them
"would cause Virgin America to suffer
substantial competitive harm because the local nature of traffic in its point-to-point markets and​
the limited number of aircraft types operated"

You are FAR from profitable and stable. I am not picking a fight. Just stating facts.

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=09000064803fae7d

I dunno dude. It seems like this is a smart move for VA. Keep your cards close so your competitors have to guess at how much you're making especially considering the size of VA vs. it's competitors. 'gutsiest move I ever saw mav.'

I have heard that your loads are terrible. I dont have specific numbers, but from 1 of your captains, the loads are not good.

Not true. You can go on the VA website and look at the loads. The average is 84%-86%.

Lets see...

You know, I looked at this list again -- you'd think VA was your first airline or something. LFs? Hiring? Aircraft orders? Building a ... uh ... building?

That's your plan? Get 'em?

Those things you mentioned guarantee absolutely nothing. They sound like talking points from your VP of Flight Ops.

Branson is probably the only thing that you can hang your hat on.

You know, I looked at this list again -- you'd think VA was your first airline or something. LFs? Hiring? Aircraft orders? Building a ... uh ... building?

That's your plan? Get 'em?

Those things you mentioned guarantee absolutely nothing. They sound like talking points from your VP of Flight Ops.

Branson is probably the only thing that you can hang your hat on.
Interesting...what do you hang your hat on???

Interesting...what do you hang your hat on???

Grey Goose and Red Bull. Don't forget land. Land is the only thing valuable these days.

Oh you mean jetblue? I have a 6 month plan. I think I have at least 6 months at jb. Every month that goes by, I extend the plan 1 month. We ain't by any means outta the woods.

No one should be cocky these days (ahem, VA).

Latest resources

Back